New Homebridge Plug-in via MakerAPI

Can anyone help please?
I had Hubitat HomeBridge app installed and configured fine. Thought I would try this way to have a native app running.
This is on Windows 10 with Node 11.13 and HomeBridge 0.4.48
Originally I had Hubitat Nest, UI-X and Tonestos plug-in working.
So I stripped back and npm uninstalled everything to start from fresh.
Ran the install in post 1, did the config file, deleted the old Hubitat device from Apple Home. Rebooted Apple TV and the Windows machine.
When it all came up, did the add accessory in Home. Found Hubitat and added that and the 61 devices Iā€™m pushing through.
After 5 minutes, Home shows Not Responding to all devices. Few reboots, uninstall the lot etc and try again. Same results. 5 minutes in and all dead.
So I updated to node 11.14. Installed everything. This time everything died after 1 minute.
Did an uninstall of everything and installed node 10.15.3(LTS). Reinstalled everything again (with HomeBridge 0.4.49) and now when clicking on a device all Home devices go to not responding. Iā€™ve tried HomeBridge 0.4.48 with all the above changes and still getting same problem - when clicking a switch device to turn on everything dies.
Iā€™m using the latest makerapi code because I want HSM and modes.
Anyone have any suggestions? Iā€™m a bit stumped now

I assume that you are on the latest version of the plugin (0.2.4) correct?
Can you show me the output of Homebridge that it prints on the screen?
I also have to find something in regard to homebridge and Node version, there was a comment somewhere that there is an incompatibility... -> that was Node v12, so you should be good

Got it, thanks. And also many thanks for your work on this.

Node, HB and the plugin need the latest updates. When I upgraded node to 12 HB broke. Then I upgraded HB and the plugins broke. Then I upgraded the plugins and everything works again. Silly me thinking only part of the system needed be upgraded. I know your woes!

@aaron Iā€™ve just given that a try. Uninstalled everything. Removed HomeBridge from HomeKit. Deleted accessories and persist folders from HomeBridge. Rebooted everything. Installed node (12.1.0), HomeBridge (0.4.49) and HomeBridge Maker (0.2.4) but now when trying to add HomeBridge to Home as an accessory the HomeBridge isnā€™t showing as a device and then even adding the manual code I canā€™t see HomeBridge at all.
@dan.t here are a couple of pics of HomeBridge running:

Do you have a firewall enabled? The plugin seems to be running fine. With pairing problems, i usually stop Homebridge, delete the persist folder and start Homebridge again. That usually allows me to pair Homebridge to HomeKit.

Change the client MAC address in your config.json. Just make a 1 to a 2 or an a to a b. A single hex change makes it unique again.

1 Like

@aaron thanks for that. Just changed a character and tried to search and all good.

@dan.t until yesterday I did have mcafee running with firewall enabled and all the ports in exclusion but to rule it out I disabled firewall totally. Thanks for the suggestion.

Lol now for the 15 minute test

@aaron 15 minutes in and.........all devices dead :sleepy:

Restarted Homebridge and devices are back......for now

Do you start Homebridge with a service, like pm2 or systemctl?

No. Itā€™s on windows. I start run the command line on boot and just have the window running all the time so I can see what is happening. Just turned on logging in the maker app to see if that reveals anything

Just noticed there is another HE update. So Iā€™ve installed that to see if it helps (2.0.9.133)

That shouldnā€™t make a difference... is there a way to collect the output to a file? Not sure how you start Homebridge on Windows. Do you run it as a Windows Service or literally just via the command line?

@dan.t It just runs like a batch file on Windows (pic 2 below shows the start). At command prompt you enter ā€œhomebridgeā€ and see all output. From that the only things happening are device updates. The weird thing is the screen is still updating even when Home is showing all devices as not responding:

And you say it happens after 15 minutes? Per default, the plugin polls hubitat for new devices every 5 minutes. There was a bug once that it happened after that initial poll but that was fixed quite some time ago. Did you change the ā€œpolling_secondsā€ setting in your config.json?

@dan.t i adde C for temp and enable HSM and mode. My config file is:

{
"bridge": {
"name": "Homebridge",
"username": "F0:DE:F2:F0:CB:46",
"port": 51826,
"pin": "031-45-154"
},

"description": "JSON API",
"platforms": 
[
	{
		"platform": "Hubitat-MakerAPI",
		"name": "Hubitat",
		"app_url": "http://192.168.1.10/apps/api/1634/",
		"access_token": "TOKEN",
		"polling_seconds": 300,
		"temperature_unit": "C",
		"mode_switches": true,
		"hsm": true
	}
]

}

Ok..... let me play with Celsius for a bit....

1 Like

@dan.t thanks. In the mean time to rule out makerapi Iā€™m removing the makerapi code from config file and mom uninstalling it and just added Nest back (and delete the 2 folders). Will see if homebridge dies with just Nest devices and nothing else

Damn. No MakerAPI installed and config file empty of Maker settings......and itā€™s still falling over. Nest not responding :tired_face:

Hmmm, try to add the following to your config.json:

"mdns": { "interface": "" }

like in

{
"mdns": { "interface": "<YOUR PC IP ADDRESS>" }
"bridge": {
   "name": "Homebridge",
   "username": "F0:DE:F2:F0:CB:46",
   "port": 51826,
   "pin": "031-45-154"
},
"description": "JSON API",
"platforms": 
[
	{
		"platform": "Hubitat-MakerAPI",
		"name": "Hubitat",
		"app_url": "http://192.168.1.10/apps/api/1634/",
		"access_token": "TOKEN",
		"polling_seconds": 300,
		"temperature_unit": "C",
		"mode_switches": true,
		"hsm": true
	}
  ]
}
1 Like

@dan.t thanks. Before you posted that I stripped everything out so just homebridge core. That still came up with not responding after 15 minutes. So I added the mdns line and reset homebridge and itā€™s now been running for an hour without problems (lol and without plugins but itā€™s working). I will now add back makerapi and report back. Thanks again