New Homebridge Plug-in via MakerAPI

Upgraded to 2.2.6.139 yesterday and am seeing the following in the HB logs about every 5 minutes:

[4/8/2021, 7:56:49 AM] [Hubitat MakerAPI hhm:0.4.14] Received an error trying to get the device summary information from Hubitat. TypeError: Cannot read property 'deviceid' of undefined
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/index.js:376:71
at new Promise (<anonymous>)
at HE_ST_Platform.updateDevices (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/index.js:371:16)
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/index.js:503:25
at runMicrotasks (<anonymous>)
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:93:5)
[4/8/2021, 7:56:49 AM] [Hubitat MakerAPI hhm:0.4.14] I am stopping my reload here and hope eveything fixes themselves (e.g. a firmware update of HE is rebooting the hub

Anyone else seeing this? Plug-in v0.4.14, using HB pre-configured image on RPi4. HE hub is C-5.

UPDATE: Restarting Homebridge seems to have fixed this. It's been 15 minutes since the restart and I'm not seeing this entry in the logs. :man_shrugging:t2:

Hey everyone: looking for some help; when I ask Siri to perform a command, it rarely works the first time but almost always works if I repeat the command. I'm currently using a Raspberry Pi 4 to host HomeBridge and using an iPad as a hub. Any thoughts? Apologies if this has already been answered.

I have HB on RPi4 but use Apple TV as the hub. I don't see the same issue, but I typically only ask Siri to turn on/off individual lights. My RPi and AppleTVs are wired and not on wifi.

@dan.t - I am seeing the following errors in the HB logs and I think I may know what is causing it (but absolutely no clue about why!)

[5/11/2021, 2:54:31 PM] [Hubitat MakerAPI hhm:0.4.14] Refreshing All Device Data
[5/11/2021, 2:54:31 PM] [Hubitat MakerAPI hhm:0.4.14] Received All Device Data
[5/11/2021, 2:54:31 PM] [Hubitat MakerAPI hhm:0.4.14] Updating attrbutes via HTTP
[5/11/2021, 2:54:31 PM] [Hubitat MakerAPI hhm:0.4.14] Received an error trying to get the device summary information from Hubitat. TypeError: Cannot read property 'deviceid' of undefined
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/index.js:376:71
at new Promise ()
at HE_ST_Platform.updateDevices (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/index.js:371:16)
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/index.js:503:25
at runMicrotasks ()
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:93:5)
[5/11/2021, 2:54:31 PM] [Hubitat MakerAPI hhm:0.4.14] I am stopping my reload here and hope eveything fixes themselves (e.g. a firmware update of HE is rebooting the hub

My HE hub had an unexpected power cycle yesterday. I did not re-start Homebridge once HE came back up and I suspect that this error message is somehow linked to HE restarting (I think I have seen this before).

After restarting Homebridge, the logs look clean.

[5/11/2021, 3:03:02 PM] [Hubitat MakerAPI hhm:0.4.14] Refreshing All Device Data
[5/11/2021, 3:03:02 PM] [Hubitat MakerAPI hhm:0.4.14] Received All Device Data

Prior to the restart, every "refreshing..." entry would be followed by the error message above. Is this expected? Is there a need to restart Homebridge every time HE is restarted (power cycled)? I haven't seen this error when rebooting, just when it is power cycled.

EDIT: Platform is C-5, FW - 2.2.6.139

I'm having the same issues, and it typically resolves by restarting HomeBridge.
can someone help fix this?

I created a Node-RED flow as a workaround. It restarts Homebridge when HE restarts, but unless you are already using Node-RED for automation, this will not help.

Sorry, it took me a while to get to this. I just released a new version 0.4.15 that should fix that issue.
And yes, it happened when your Hub is booting while the plugin was trying to get data from HE.

6 Likes

I was seeing the same error for the first time after I updated my Hubitat to 2.2.7.126 from 2.2.2.xxx. I saw your post and rebooted my Homebridge server and no error. Although I don't think the error was actually causing an issue as I removed and added a few sensors and the changes made it to the Home app just fine. Thanks.

1 Like

Yeah - it's fixed in the latest version. And it wasn't causing any issues - just an annoyance.

1 Like

I'm struggling to get a device to exclude some properties.
I have an Aquara Temp/Huminity sensor, but I want to remove the reporting it seems to be giving out for both Leak and Presence.

I'd like to remove all of the accessories I have green arrows on, as all I want is just temp and humidity, but for the life of me I can't seem to get a single one removed.

Could it be that I am getting the wrong device ID? And if so, where do I pull that from?

"excluded_attributes": {
    "00158D00067BFF98": [
        "presence",
        "pressure",
        "water",
        "contact",
        "illuminance",
        "voltage"
    ]
}

Any idea or suggestion?

This is the issue. You are entering what appears to be the Hubitat DNI. What is needed is the Hubitat device id for that particular device. You can get this, most easily, by opening the Hubitat device page for the device in question, and clicking on the URL - it is the number at the end.

For example, for one of my devices whose Hubitat device page URL is:
http://xx.xx.xx.xx/device/edit/323

the device id is "323".

I normally just restart Homebridge after editing the config file .....

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Anyone using this with HOOBS v4, if so any issues and did you migrate or install afresh ?

My migration has not worked well.

That did it. Thank you. I also realized I placed these in the wrong place in the config file, as it turns out it lives in the same heirarchy as platform, name, app_url, etc.
THANK YOU

1 Like

I’m trying to get some variable connects from the new hub variables in RM 5.0 to appear in homekit. I’ve created a contact sensor, an illuminance sensor, and a temperature sensor. I can see them pop up in the homebridge logs, but the devices do not appear in homekit.

Are these supported by the plug-in and I just don’t have it set up correctly? If they are not supported, it would be awesome if they were!

Any thoughts on why after moving to a new house, none of my motion sensors will correctly report their state in the home app? It looks like it’s not being sent to the homebridge as it’s not in the logs.

Try removing and re-adding the sensors to MakerAPI. Something similar worked for me based on advice from @aaiyar

2 Likes

Removing them from hubitat and readding them worked.

Now i have an issue where makerAPI doesn't seem to be passing along added/deleted devices. I just added 2 GE Jasco switches and they aren't showing up in Homebridge :frowning:

1. I assume you already added them to MakerAPI?
  2. It may help to turn on/off these new devices from within Hubitat, to create new events to be generated by the MakerAPI app to the HomeBridge plugin.
2 Likes

Yea. I've tried removing them and readding as well. When I restart homebridge it just pulls everything from cache, nothing new shows up.

Its weird because I added the same switch in a different room a few days ago and it worked perfect. Homebridge logs say that MakerAPI checks and finds all devices.