Hello people, Apologies in advance are in order for such long first post.
This is my very first post. Just ordered my Hubitat Elevation C5 (whatever that means) from Amazon, Waiting for it to arrive but sadly I tried to cancel the order once I learned about the Lutron Pro Thing... It is really a show stopper big time for me because I really don't want to buy yet another hub (I already have two non HE compatible lutron bridges)
Anyway, everybody sounds so optimist about the HE that since I couldn't cancel the order, I'm giving it a try so here I am asking for some maybe basic guidance on HE while I wait for the international ship of my HE.
Today I have:
- Hue lamps, bulbs, play, switch (i love Hue)
- Lifx Mini Bulbs
- eMylo wifi switches (SmartLife tuya switch)
- August Smart Lock Pro with the wifi thingy and the zwave.
- Lutron Dimmers
- SmarLife/Tuya smart plugs with a led ring..
- Kasa Smart plug
- Smart things multi sensor (the new one), motion sensor and one Smart Plug and presence sensors
- Harmony hub (which so far I hate because I could not do anything good with this expensive toy)
- Broadlink Mini RM3 or something like that.
- DreamScreenTV which seems to be WiFi only for the phone.
- Dreamcolor Minger led strips that seems to be only visible to Alexa...
- Wyze PAN camera
- Tiny cam pro software running into a Samsung tablet to be able to show camera stream on an actiontile's tile.
And a collection of AppleTV, Apple Home Hub, Google Home Hub, Google Home Mini, Echo Spot and Echo Show for whatever is worth.
And I use Actiontiles to try to live the dream of a real smart home
So far I have achieved so few and spent so much that I'm a little bit frustrated. The only way to integrate my Tuya's switches is through IFTT which I don't like at all, it is very slooow and I have not been able to do very basic things like to turn on my balcony's hue light if the door is opened but only if its dark. I mean, so far I don't see smartness anywhere.
Now my questions:
- Is there a way to integrate with those TUYA devices?
- What is the best way to do panels? maybe there is a way to integrate HE with apple home kit or smartthings or alexa or google to still receive updates or notifications when I'm out of my house?
- Do I have to de-register all of my smartthings zigbee accesories to register those into HE? or it can be used on both?
- Can HE make my Harmony Hub useable? I mean, I wanted to be able to program some automations giving looking for the power of having buttons on my touch panel (any of my tablets urnning fully kiosk on android or tkiosk on apple) being able to even turn on my fans? the problem I have been facing is, I've been unable to add remote control buttons instead of the whole activity thing... even worst, if you run an activity and want to run another one, Harmony seems to like to turn the first activity off before... sad...
So here is the thing... is there a way to really add smartness to my whole house with what I already have? maybe converting my Smart Life things to tasmota (whatever that means) or an app (I'm able to do cut and paste but the last time I wrote a code, Basic wasn't visual) If HE is so good that the only thing I need to fulfill me dreams is the lutron... good deal, I can buy it but, will it work with whatever else I already have?
I also have a couple of Raspberry Pi 3 B+ one with 7 inches touch screen and the second with the 3 incher.. so toss in into your ideas if those two little darlings can make my life easier
Since I have those Raspers I thought about HomeSeer but chances are I would need to buy a Zigbee/Zwave dongle anyway and apparenlt it requires $29 to $39 third party add on even to use electricity... (if I'm not mistaken of course) so I think that won't cut the cheese for me...
Now thank you so much for taking the time to read and forgiving my english!
Have a great day!