New cheap Zigbee 3.0 products

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08BFL1HDN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anyone else seen/ used these? Really good prices for zigbee in wall pucks. Just ordered 1 g 2 g and window closer to try. @mike.maxwell are there any built in drivers that would do the blind control?

1 Like

Got a dimmer. Works out the box.

2 Likes

yeah, i expect the 1G switch will as well. It's more the 2G and the blind controller that is abit on the odder side.

1 Like

My family and I were just talking about this holiday tradition...you guys have some interesting names for your traditions. :slight_smile: I hope some nearby earls and barons have dropped by w/presents for you today. :wink:

1 Like

:laughing:

do you not have a boxing day?

Wish we did - at least for its original purpose.

Our garbage day was today, and the amount of stuff being disposed that could have been directly recycled/reused was sad.

P.S. On the plus side, the first day of the Boxing Day test was action-packed. Aussies were first at bat and all out for 195. India was 36 for 1 at close of play.

1 Like

do you not have recycling pickups?

No such thing in the US...a tradition that colonists from England did not transplant here. :slight_smile:

It was funny - my son mentioned Boxing Day today, and I momentarily confused The Boxer Rebellion with Boxing Day in my head, and started talking about the Boxer Rebellion. My son was looking at me like I was crazy (which I was) and my wife was completely confused how references to China, opium, etc., became a British holiday tradition. It took my son several minutes to clarify things. :wink:

I need to talk less, and think more. :smiley:

4 Likes

Not any more. People weren’t following instructions so all sorts of non-recyclables ended up in recycling.

Only in America, eh?
So sad.

But then again, we here in the North pay much more for everything!

3 Likes

Recycle where it makes sense (especially aluminum, corrugated cardboard), trash the rest. Single stream collection is "wish cycling". Attempting to recycle garbage is bad for the environment.

3 Likes

People have forgotten that it was never just "Recycle." The mantra is:

1. Reduce
  2. Re-use
  3. Recycle

If we all skip 1 and 2 we will continue to head towards a huge mess.

4 Likes

Yup the problem arose from well-intentioned, but badly misinformed, residents putting all sorts of stuff in their recycling, including things that cannot be processed by the recycling vendor contracted by the parish (we call our counties as parishes).

Now, as a consequence, everything is going to the dump - including things that are easy to recycle.

Sorry, but as long as we're ranting (or at least I am) if I see one more person walking out of Costco or any other big-box store w/two cases of .5 liter 24 bottle bottled water I'm going to scream out loud. WTF, people, can you just stop!!

Ok, sorry.

3 Likes

Yeah what the hell Is wrong with your tap water! Unfortunately that spread to here and people started doing it :rage::rage::rage::rage:

Bottled or treated water is required where I live in Thailand, and many other places in Aisa too. They just don't spend the billions of dollars necessary on the water supply infrastructure to make it really safe to drink - at least for my delicate stomach.

Over here they sell filtration machines that you can install under the sink to supply clean drinking water but the cost of these, the maintenance/filters, and the electricity supply cost mean the payback is actually many years if at all. Buying bottled water is still cheaper than that. Then my wife showed me a bette solution where the Government provide machines here and there across the country in the villages and towns where you can take your empty bottles and refill them from the machine, which has filtration and UV, for a really cheap price. So that's what we do now and it's been fine (although you can never be too sure how well the machines are maintained etc). But now, like you, when I see people buying bottled water here, I wonder why they are not refilling their bottles from this type of very cheap water supply. Some people will never learn it seems...

OK, back on track everyone.
Cheap Zigbee 3.0 products.

1 Like

:+1::+1::+1::+1:

Mine should be here in a few days. Not sure the switch is going to do the job as it's to run a towel rail and from my smart meter it's 400-450 W.

I looked at using these specifically for windows and curtains, but it is missing the position wiring so left my fibaro z-wave modules in place. I didn't want to have to go down the road of position based on timing. Shame really as it's a great price.

Savage, this was my exact worry. So there is no calibration in the unit?

I suppose the calibration timing could be done in the driver? I assume the timing would need to be saved to the state. It certainly wouldn't want to be done in the app or rule as it's going to be out of sync quickly.

sorry i need bottled water as i had colon surgery for diverticulitis and am now sensitive to whatever different bacteria (even with pro-biotics) is in tap water. so not everyone is just hoarding. i go through a case every two weeks.