New C8 how do I turn off WiFi?

Any way to disable the WiFi in the new C8 hubs? My C8 is hard wired, I don't use WiFi for automation, and not interested in any further WiFi traffic noise.

1 Like

IIRC, I read in a post from @bcopeland that the wifi will turn itself off if you don't use it.

i just checked with netspot and i dont see a wifi broadcasting from my hub, are you sure it is the hub, or how long has it been up..

@bcopeland will the wifi broadcast temporarly everytime you reboot the hub or once configured is it off permanently becuase i had an issue with the ecowitt wifi gateway doing that and blasting so loud my router disabled its 2.4ghz wifi?

thanks

I believe Unifi will show present AND past WiFi networks. Just open up more data shown on the plus sign, below the chart, and you might see dates from a few days ago, so maybe what you are seeing is just a WiFi signal that is not there anymore

1 Like

No.. Once up and running on ethernet it should not come back up unless you do the reset on the bottom of the hub..

2 Likes

Right on. The WiFi no longer shows now. Thanks for your time.

1 Like

I have my C8 connected to Ethernet and just had it join my WiFi network. Looks like it's connected to both simultaneously. How do I set it up to use WiFi only when Ethernet is disconnected (for backup network connection)? When I click the "Disconnect Wi-Fi" button, it looks like it completely forgets the WiFi password. How do I get it to re-connect after Ethernet goes away?

1 Like

There is no built in fail-over mode. It is designed to be one or the other (or both at once I guess).

1 Like

Thanks. Bummer.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.