New C8 and Z-Wave a lot of troubles

So i finally moved to a new house and started to build the home automation i was planning and experimenting for a long time. The whole house is full with Zooz. However, my new C8 cannot connect to many of them for some reason and to those it connected, it actually does not do anything. If you trigger the switch or the dimmer physically the hub picks it up, but when I'm using my dashboard it times out and nothing happens. I was also not successful to add GE 40AMP Z-wave switches it just did not find them. Any thoughts?

Did you see or follow the recommendations on these two help documents?

https://docs2.hubitat.com/how-to/build-a-solid-zigbee-mesh

1 Like

I've had the C-8 since just after it was released (about 8 months now?). I have all Zooz Z-Wave plugs and switches (700 or 800 series) and the operation of the hub and Zooz devices has been flawless during that time.

My system has survived power glitches, accepted all hub updates, driver downloads, firmware updates, no Z-Wave ghosts, etc.

I don't have much trouble-shooting experience since I've had nothing to trouble-shoot.

Sorry, no answers for you, but my experience may offer some encouragement.

Probably should start with the basics, can you post a screen shot of your Z-Wave Details page?

1 Like

Number 1 most important question in this case is how is the hub being powered? Supplied power block, PoE adaptor, or other (explain)?

Then also see this post (below), especially the Z-Wave section. It provides tips and what info to provide in your post when having issues.

1 Like