New C7 Install in progress

Sorry, but I must be daft tonight. I click on the link, login, and then click 'PC Controller" and I get rewarded with this message. I've tried a couple of different browsers and 2 different machines. What am I doing wrong?

Have to do the sdk first

There are a lot of different things to download from this site so just to make sure, I need this one first?

Thats what I did, I'm a total hack though...

Okay, got the PC controller to download and install. It shows the UZB-7 stick under config but I get an error when trying to use it. Any idea where to download the driver so I can add to the Bin folder per instructions above?

Look in your install folder under bin there should be the drivers in there.

Downloading newer drivers directly from SiLabs did not work for @danabw.

Take a look at this...As noted you do not need to download any driver. Just install the PC Control app and it will supply the needed driver. When I tried other/newer ones it did not work for me.

How to use UZB stick to remove ghosts

1 Like

Great write-up! You may want to add not to mess with virtual nodes 2-5 as those are internal nodes used by the zwave chip in the hub

2 Likes

Yep thats what I heard too! Inclusions start at Node 6 and go from there.

2 Likes

Thanks. It's based on info from everyone on this site, and about 2 hours of @erktrek's time in a PM session. I think he still has blisters on his fingers from that one... :wink:

Just added a bolded note in that section of the doc to not touch those nodes! No-no!

2 Likes

@danabw, @erktrek (by proxy), and @douglaspitman - Thank YOU!!!!!!!

The documentation was very helpful - It called out the same error I was getting and that, like many other things with Z-Wave, just keep retrying and it finally picked up my stick.

I do have an older driver in my BIN folder (from 2019) but didn't update it.

I had problems with the first attempt getting the UZB stick to be added to my hub as I hit the dreaded "initializing" error and wouldn't get past it after leaving for over 30-minutes and ironically it created my 10 ghost. After a shutdown, remove power, and restart, the stick connected and happily zapped all 10 of the ghosts. It also caused two real "generic z-zwave switches" to show up which turned out to be switches that I had spent hours trying to connect yesterday but they didn't show up then.

I've gone 3 hours so far this morning without a "network busy" error which is the longest I've gone with the C-7.

Thanks for all the guidance! I might actually have a stable system now.

2 Likes

Great to hear, now you can get back to enjoying and enhancing your system rather than banging on it with a hammer. :slight_smile: Happy automating.

1 Like

That is awesome! Let us know how it goes. Im still struggling to get some things paired properly but not too worried about it at the moment.

1 Like

let's hope the good news continues. Mine has been very good since I cleared my issues up. So hopefully yours will be the same.

I tried updating an Inovelli dimmer using the UZB7, but the OTA button was greyed out in the software. I am not sure if it's just the Inovelli that's not supported, or if the PC Controller software doesn't support OTAs in general. But yeah, wanted to let people know of my experience

Did you try the Z-Wave FW updater?

did you hit "get" first? You have to pull the current firmware, then load the upgrade firmware file, then click update.
If you search @lewis.heidrick did a really nice write up of the upgrade process using PC Controller

Yup. I have used it to update 8 switches so far. I just wanted to try using the UZB to update an Inovelli dimmer to get the S2 fix before pairing with Hubitat

I think I did. I will let try again incase I missed something and let you know