NEW: Built-in OTA Z-Wave device firmware updates

Over-The-Air Z-Wave device firmware updates. Other hubs can’t do it. We can!

Available only in the new Hubitat Elevation Model C-7 hub. Grab one now for just $115 during our
Hub for the Holidays sale. Ends Nov 30. www.hubitat.com/products

11 Likes

How far away is migration tool (from c5)

2 Likes

Why is this only in the C7? I thought the C7 was supposed to be the same as the C5 but with a Zwave 700 chip in it and any upgrades that would bring. We know the C5 can perform device firmware updates thanks to the driver @bcopeland made.

2 Likes

The old z-wave stack did not have the capability of intercepting the packets for use in the app. So, for the time being, use the community driver on C5.

9 Likes

Ok is this like another version of the C7 or every c7 is capable of this?
Asking because my c7 hub is only 2 months old, or 2 months since I bought it.

Same version. And is available with 2.2.4 update.

1 Like

Ok thanks. I thought I was going to eventually buy another hub.
My luck buy that thing I've been saving for just so the next month they come out with the new model lol

1 Like

How do we perform the firmware updates?

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

So I assume with Zooz I need to contact support, get the links and upload them to the hub?

Yup. Also, the built-in firmware updater only works for the C-7 model. If you have the older C-5 model, @bcopeland has a community driver available for the same purpose.

Finally, many Zooz devices have to be excluded and included again after a firmware update because they are factory reset after a firmware update.

3 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Yes. Here is the link.

https://www.support.getzooz.com/new

Just ask for a link to the current firmware and provide a copy of the invoice showing you purchased the product. They seem to want that proof. They are very helpful.

Here is the support page article:

https://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/article/253-how-to-perform-an-ota-firmware-update-on-zooz-devices/

Edit: I see Ashok Aiyar (@aaiyar) was typing as I was looking up links. He is a faster typist than I am.

2 Likes

I still appreciate it.

1 Like

how about creating a repository at hubitat for all of these updates instead of having to search all over the place?

6 Likes

Certainly on our radar :wink:

11 Likes

That would be great - especially if you are able to test the updates to confirm Hubitat compatibility / suitability.

A post was split to a new topic: Abandoned cart email

This is a really nice feature! Thanks a bunch!

Seems like a companion app that lists all devices and their firmware versions would be really handy!
Just planting a seed of an idea... :slight_smile:

Better still if the firmware update app grouped all the devices by the manufacturer code, device type/ID, and firmware version so you could "select all" of the same device type and firmware and update them in a batch. It seems this would just require a simple query to each device at the startup of the app. so all the "same" devices could be identified and grouped.

3 Likes