NEW: Built-in OTA Z-Wave device firmware updates

The old z-wave stack did not have the capability of intercepting the packets for use in the app. So, for the time being, use the community driver on C5.

9 Likes

Ok is this like another version of the C7 or every c7 is capable of this?
Asking because my c7 hub is only 2 months old, or 2 months since I bought it.

Same version. And is available with 2.2.4 update.

1 Like

Ok thanks. I thought I was going to eventually buy another hub.
My luck buy that thing I've been saving for just so the next month they come out with the new model lol

1 Like

How do we perform the firmware updates?

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

So I assume with Zooz I need to contact support, get the links and upload them to the hub?

Yup. Also, the built-in firmware updater only works for the C-7 model. If you have the older C-5 model, @bcopeland has a community driver available for the same purpose.

Finally, many Zooz devices have to be excluded and included again after a firmware update because they are factory reset after a firmware update.

3 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Yes. Here is the link.

https://www.support.getzooz.com/new

Just ask for a link to the current firmware and provide a copy of the invoice showing you purchased the product. They seem to want that proof. They are very helpful.

Here is the support page article:

https://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/article/253-how-to-perform-an-ota-firmware-update-on-zooz-devices/

Edit: I see Ashok Aiyar (@aaiyar) was typing as I was looking up links. He is a faster typist than I am.

2 Likes

I still appreciate it.

1 Like

how about creating a repository at hubitat for all of these updates instead of having to search all over the place?

6 Likes

Certainly on our radar :wink:

11 Likes

That would be great - especially if you are able to test the updates to confirm Hubitat compatibility / suitability.

A post was split to a new topic: Abandoned cart email

This is a really nice feature! Thanks a bunch!

Seems like a companion app that lists all devices and their firmware versions would be really handy!
Just planting a seed of an idea... :slight_smile:

Better still if the firmware update app grouped all the devices by the manufacturer code, device type/ID, and firmware version so you could "select all" of the same device type and firmware and update them in a batch. It seems this would just require a simple query to each device at the startup of the app. so all the "same" devices could be identified and grouped.

3 Likes

I actually looked at that yesterday. Suddenly using generic zwave drivers is less appealing because it's hard to know the product. I ended up in the same spot as you, an app that looks at device is and firmware and reports groups of similar device ID's as well as reporting non upgradable devices (eg non z+ devices).

I like it, I haven't written anything in groovy, maybe this is the impetus for me to try it out.

@bcopeland Does this one do updates with S0 or S2 devices, or do you have to go plaintext to update like with the open source version?

From the release notes:

2 Likes