New aqara mmwave radar

This is interesting for Homekit users... Obviously it could be brought back in to Hubitat via virtual switches.

1 Like

It would be nice if they made a Zigbee-compatible version, though.

Looks like yet another example of, "don't worry, it'll work with Matter. Sometime. Eventually. But seriously, you can trust us, why would we lie to you?"

Matter support is coming, according to Aqara, once the smart home standard supports this type of sensor. The Connectivity Standards Alliance has said more advanced motion sensing will be coming to Matter in a future release.

I wonder when exactly that future release will occur. Supposedly next month. Or maybe not :roll_eyes:.

2 Likes

Well, even if it worked with matter now, Hubitat has yet to announce matter support, so that would not be any more helpful…

Right, which is why it would be nice to see a Zigbee version.

What would be most helpful is for Matter to actually come through on its promises. Maybe then Hubitat would push up the timeline for supporting it...

For now, all we know is they are a member of the CSA, so they aren't ignoring Matter's existence. They are, IMHO, not rushing to put all their eggs into that basket, which seems prudent.

6 Likes

It looks really interesting.... but being wifi is a bit of a pain. Means writing a server I guess.

Maybe Aqara have their own local controller that in turn you could control with HE?

What I wouldn't want is it to talk to some flakey vendor cloud platform....

Not necessarily. Lots of Wi-Fi devices can be controlled locally without the need for an outside sever (LIFX, Shelly, etc) It's more a matter of published api

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.