New App Features in 2.2.8

Are you posting from the future? Firmware version 2.2.8 was just released :wink:.

1 Like

He's asking for clarification about the future retirement of Rule Machine Legacy. It is mentioned in the release notes that it goes away in 2.2.9.

3 Likes

No. There has been discussion about how "Rule Machine Legacy" will work in and after 2.2.9.

That is what @Abhijeet_Ghosh was talking about, I believe.

1 Like

@marktheknife no, just futureproofing :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Ah of course, that’s what I get for not re-reading the OP when it was moved from the beta category after 2.2.8 release :astonished:.

1 Like

Ha, except that it didn't change in that respect.

True, but it’s been a little while since I read the OP nonetheless. Could be covid brain, or I’m just getting older, hard to say :man_shrugging:.

3 Likes

Yeah, becomes harder and harder to remember what you know and don't know, or when you stopped knowing it...

6 Likes

Button Controller-5.0 --> Rule Machine 5.0

Is it possible to cancel a rule timed action in Rule Machine 5.0 from Button Controller-5.0?
Or do I still need to use the "button device" in Rule Machine 5.0 for this?

There is no "button device" in Rule 5.0. It is not possible to Cancel Rule Timers in a Rule (4.1 or 5.0) from a Button Rule 5.0, at least not using that action.

Perhaps if you describe what you're trying to do, there may be another way to accomplish it.

I want to stop a rule using a button

How about another rule using a Button trigger for that button? You can have stand-alone button triggered rules. You don't need to do that in Button Controller.

Well, I use more than one function on a button, for example
push: put a speech device on pauze
double tapped: stop some rules
held: turn off some specifiek lights
I would be nice all the actions of the button are in one app

Sorry, "button device" added too much complexity to Rule-4.1, and had to go.

There may be another way to do it though, that I am investigating...

2 Likes

a suggestion :slight_smile:
Add a choice in Button Controller-5.0 what rule in a specific app you like like to run, cancel or pauze, similar like this:

Yeah, it's not quite that simple.

Actually, it may be that simple. I will look into it further.

4 Likes

Possible bug... When I use a hub variable as a trigger I can only evaluate it like a String. I've tried both type Number and Decimal; I can only evaluate with =, !=, changed, contains. I was expecting =, !=, <, >, >=, <=. Is this just the new system or a bug?

Thanks

How are you using a hub variable as a trigger? There is no such thing as a Variable trigger. Please explain what you are actually doing.

I have variables that I use to track occupancy states in each room. Such as Vacant, Active, Occupied, Camped, and modes like Cleaning, Movie, and Party. I was using Global Variables previously to trigger different rules. Works pretty well, but a smidge laggy. I was attempting to recreate these in RM5. I found the Hub Variables under "Custom Attribute" on the Trigger Events menu. But it treats them all as Strings.

Yup more tools in the tool chest!