New Advanced Zigbee Bulb Drivers - 2.2.5

Yes.

As above in the past these lamps didn't support pre staging at all and worse you couldn't adjust anything until they were on. Now with the driver all of that changes and that working out is done in the driver. No more double sending to get the colour to change when it was off! You even have things links power on level. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. I plan to start using the new driver on a one or two bulbs after I upgrade. I usually wait for a week or two after a major release to get the early bugs out before upgrading...

Yea wrong snip, I had changed that just to test, but my normal ramping rules have just the bulbs and not the group. Thanks for pointing it out. I have switched back to the old driver and am happy. New driver was seemingly faster but Ill tell myself thats placebo :slight_smile:

1 Like

In my testing power on level doesnt work for my bulbs, but its a great idea. Did not know you could do that at a driver level.

1 Like

An update on this.

I fixed the issues I was having, or else the new update fixed something, but I did not see anything about this in the changelogs.

1. Set the bulb driver to Advanced Zigbee CT
  2. Click configure, wait till it configures in the log, the bulb will cycle, go to 20% and turn yellow
  3. Manually input the color temp it was at before, and set brightness to 100%
  4. Cycle using switches and verify dimming works
  5. Profit

Im assuming the issues I was having may have been due to a sync/communication issue at first, I did notice when the configure was pressed, all bulbs would end up at different temps, though all seemed to end at 20% brightness. So, manually setting the bulbs to a brightness and temp seemed to have restored the functionality, I am able to dim a whole room and see the changes sync to the device information screen. It will be easy to set up a rule machine rule to do all that for me for any new bulbs, but sharing what I did to fix it. I will say that the new driver is quite fast, I can dim and turn on and off in what seems like real-time, I would highly recommend switching to it.

its not the lamps that do it its the driver. So it should work? All of mine did and I have a massive mix of LL and ZigBee 3.0 lamps

Well sort of, the driver catches the zigbee announce event that most bulbs generate after they come back on line after a power loss.
Most, but not all bulbs generate this frame.
But to your point, the newer hue bulbs actually use zigbee cluster attributes for this purpose, we did it differently to try and capture as many bulbs as possible.

:thinking: didn't know that, I saw in some threads about the sengled doing it but didn't realise it was common :+1:

That's Philips just "trying" to be clever. It's CT only.

RGB and CT so RGBW

The RGB part will only work with the colour but the CT part would work with both.

? It's not really confusing, the answer is in the name. White only isn't going to be able to do RGB is it?

This is correct, it's only Philips that can do their own thing. This is a good work around to cover all drivers whether they support it in the firmware or not.
If you only have Philips hue, then it would make sense to use their hub as it will give you all of their add on features. But if like most of us your not prepared to pay the crazy prices of hue for a sub par product then these new driver get most products and brands on the same playing field. The only ones that don't quite work is if the lamps are RGB or RGBW and they use XY for colour, in that case currently only the CT part works.

2 Likes

Choices are good

1 Like

Same story. I tried the Advanced Zigbee Bulb driver on my Sengled Element Classic bulbs and it didn't work at all. Hit configure and waited until finished but the driver didn't allow any control of the bulbs. Back to the built-in Sengled Element Classic driver.

I went back to the new driver, hit config and waited a minute, hit refresh and they all are playing nicely now.

1 Like

Something odd must have happened to you...the new Advanced drivers are working well for myself and others who have posted (most recent below). Seems likely they will work - see @dnickel's comments below. Worth another try if you are interested in seeing how they work for you.

Ok I just tried it again. The on/off/flash all work just fine. However the "Set Level" doesn't work while already one. If I turn the bulb off, change the set level, and then turn the bulb back on it will go to that level. However I can not adjust the level while on with this driver. Any ideas?

You mean if you try to change the level on the device page while the bulb is on, the bulb just doesn't change level? I've never had issues w/that, I can change level from the driver page (and just did it from as dashboard tile) while the bulb is on. Or am I misunderstanding?

Correct, changing "Set Level" from the bulb device page, does nothing while the bulb is on. If I switch back to the Sengled Classic driver the level works as expected.

Odd...no issues here. Not sure what to say. Maybe change back to Sengeled, hit configure. Then change back to Advanced, hit configure again and let the Advance driver testing complete and try again.

I had to select 1s in the advanced drivers Preferences, Level transition time, to get my par30 sengled bulbs to work properly.

FWIW my Sengled Color Element Plus settings are all ASAP and Fast.

1 Like

why don't you force config on a driver change.

1 Like