New addition to the Lutron Caseta lineup?

Its Lutron, of course it is going to be 2X what it probably should cost.

That is always the larger issue, isn't it?

Caseta Cappuccino machine?

1 Like

That would be awesome

1 Like

ugh.. $80 and available late march

Love that Lutron premium. I can literally buy 2 zwave plus outdoor outlets for that price.

Even if they aren't as rugged (VERY debatable), they are 1/2 the cost...

3 Likes

The updates to the motion sensor would be useful if Lutron exposed them via the telnet interface.

2 Likes

:frowning_face: Way over priced and again no mention of Telnet.

3 Likes

I agree on pricing, however given this is just a switch, odds are that it will integrate that way, but you're right, who knows right now...

3 Likes

Wow. I'll still with Z-wave or Zigbee outdoor plugs.

1 Like

You may pay a premium for the price however everything Lutron Caseta I’ve owned is rock solid and any switches / dimmers that I’ve had an issue with, one call to 24/7 support snd I’ve had a brand new device shipped to my door at no cost to me.

3 Likes

I agree. Their support is phenomenal. And the quality of switches and dimmers are really good as well. I have Caseta switches and dimmers dating back to 2013-2014. Nothing has failed. And I still haven't changed batteries in my original Picos!

Who introduces an outside switch like that AFTER the holiday season? Big miss on their part.

13 Likes

Are there any outdoor z-wave outlets that fit in a normal gang slot? My outdoor is weather protected but I don't know about freezing temps. Maybe regular outlets do fine.

wouldn’t local code require CFGI for outdoor outlets? and there are no z-wave or zig bee with that for obvious reasons.

@kilowatts

GFCI breakers are a potential solution here. I have one (for a kitchen circuit).

4 Likes

yeah, yeah... I have 3 outdoor zwave plus plugs that I use for pool control and outdoor lighting that I cycle multiple times per day. Haven't missed one on/off event in over a year on any of them (I have alerts setup, so I would know if they are missed).

I agree lutron protocol is more reliable, that doesn't mean others aren't reliable ENOUGH.

1 Like

What outdoor zwave or zigbee plugs would people recommend outside of this one?
I'm all in on the Lutron, but also interested in something cheaper.

there are wifi options also...

one option is the kasa outdoor outlet. it often falls to about $20 on amazon so you can watch it on camelcamelcamel for price drops

1 Like

I agree. Just bought one on a warehouse deal for $17 CAD ($13 USD). I'm not into adding a lot of WiFi stuff, but that community integration from @djgutheinz is solid. No way that outlet is as good as a Lutron version would be, but it handles 15 Watts and it's local. Good enough for Christmas lights.

2 Likes