Network cable swap, power down?

It sounds like you have processes that are trying to access the same resources at the same time.. They are stomping on each other..

So .. With that .. can you give me a little more info about your automations? .. What apps are you using?.. Can you screen shot your rules?

RM

Ok... processing

1 Like

devices ok more than i thought

plug my personnal apps/drivers

Couple of things..

Can you screen shot your scenes..

Also .. From reading the names.. It looks like you have some simple lighting rules acting on some that are also in motion lighting rules.. Is that correct?

all scens, what level of detail?
there shouldn't be overlap
away

just gota nip out and get kids

to ponder, my z-wave repairs were taking 2 hours then sudnly went to around 10min, no back to 2h, without me making any changes to devices

1 Like

Ok.. we can continue on PM when you get back.. If you would like..

yea most apreciated

to ponder, my z-wave repairs were taking 2 hours then sudnly went to around 10min, no back to 2h, without me making any changes to devices

Personal opinion, but this is where I permanently store all flat Ethernet cables... :wastebasket:

1 Like

One of these could easily be to blame for that. You might need to reset and rejoin one or all of them. Or permanently remove. Are you getting recent "Last Received" times for all of them when you look at the Z-Wave Details page? Obviously, doing a Z-Wave Repair afterward.

My gut instinct is telling me we have something looping.. Do you have any screen shots of logs when this is happening?... and can you turn on logging for the main rules that trigger during this time?

1 Like

Question.... when you were creating all your rules/app automations, did you use the copy function for any of them or do alot of editing on them? (probably already been asked but just in case)

Wondering if you might be having some ghosting issues you can't even see.

Probably it's best to disable all the apps first just so you are not troubleshooting the wrong thing. After that, move on to devices.

no copy, but did reallocate some devices and notice they hung in the app's (even though they had been deselected, so recreated them from scratch.

well thats good we can eliminate that as a potential issue then. I saw it mentioned on another thread here and remade all my rules that felt "sluggish" yesterday and now they feel nice and responsive so figured it was worth mentioning.