Netatmo Connect (ported from ST)

I’m going to keep talking myself into circles until I stumble upon a possible solution that someone can assist me with.

I am certain the Netatmo API url is correct, so what I am thinking is the ServerUrl() and the ShardUrl() [same thing] needs to point to the HE cloud endpoint rather to my LAN?

Would that be a pathway to success?

This is one on my list also… Will take a look this weekend. But yes you need the cloud API not the local as the netatmo is a cloud based product. It cannot access the local address. My tado connect smartapp uses the cloud API if it helps to review my code

1 Like

Any movement here? This is the last device I have to connect to HE.

It’s in here.

I just purchased some Netatmo cameras and I would like to add them to hubitat. Did anyone figure this out?

Any success on this folks? I am tracking this because I am trying to port my ST hub to hubitat. Anxious to hear news on your success.

LJ

Netatmo is a bag of hurt on HE. It kinda was on ST as well. Whatever port was done does not play nicely with HE and the http commands that get thrown across.

My advice: go out and install WEEWX. It's open source, free to download/install and update and you only need a RPI to do so.

Total install time and to install the Netatmo drivers was about 3 hours (with learning curve). Then you can go and install the 'Weather Switch App' and you will have integration into HE with netatmo without clogging up HE.

Interesting approach. I just got my HE about a week ago and I am still planning how I am going to migrate my 167 devices, webcore, and numerous smart apps. I haven't gone down the RPI route yet but my thinking is slowly headed that way just to run Webcore dashboard locally. However, my thinking process to date is if i set up a RPI I might be better off setting up a HomeSeer hub or some other hub software on it and get the same benefits of local operation as HE. I just fear that HomeSeer doesn't have the active community support that St and HE does. Any thoughts on that.

LJ

I have the fuzzysb version of "Netatmo (Connect)" installed... And it works perfectly...

The device drivers are HERE and the app is HERE.

EDIT: An updated application/driver package is now available.

Thanks, That doesn't seem to come up on my search. I will give it a try.

All the current states of each device seem to read correctly. One question so far. Why does the base station, outdoor module and additional module appear as a thermostat with all the associated heat,Air, and fan controls. That doesn't seem right and certainly is not how the Netatmo Connect worked on Smartthings. I haven't tried dashboard yet to see how it appears there.

LJ

Some have better luck with Netatmo than others and I agree the Netatmo app works. From my experience though I began to see hub slow downs and crashes on HE because if the Netatmo cloud would go out (or if my Netatmo hub went off wi-fi), HE would go nuts.

So... if you experience slow downs this is why.

HI when trying to save the connect driver i get
No signature of method: Script1.definition() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[name:Netatmo (Connect), namespace:fuzzysb, author:Stuart Buchanan, ...]]

the others save just fine. Prob doing something really stupid. Any ideas?

1 Like

Doh... now installed as an app!

Thanks for this! Just installed NetatmoConnect and it's working brilliantly. Has anyone figured out a dashboard template for the rain gauge? I would like to have a tile for it on my informational dashboard.

You would have use the Attribute (I think that is what it is called) template to display the rainfall amount.

It would be really nice to have an all in one tile like the Weather tile to read each of these devices and display them as one but that would take a custom device type to aggregate each of the device reading and define it as a Weather type device. Since these are separate devices at present that is not possible.

LJ

1 Like

Thanks!!

Did you ever find a driver for the camera?

LJ

I have updated the application and drivers...

See here...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.