Nest - warn updateChildData() | Unclaimed Device Found: (null) in Log

Was working on something else and noticed this in the log...

[warn] (http://192.168.7.91/installedapp/configure/1546)updateChildData() | Unclaimed Device Found: (null)

It keeps coming up over and over, about every 10 seconds. I haven't changed anything regarding Nest since I set it up the day the app came out.

Any ideas?

Looks like somehow one of my Protects dropped off of the official Nest app. Very strange, I've never seen that in the two years I've been using them (I have 3).

I just re-added that Protect back into the Nest app. Then re-added it into the Hubitat Nest app and now all is well again. Hope this was just a one time clich. Not having that Protect linked in the Nest app is a thought I'd rather not have! It was still working, but it would not have notified my phone or HE if something was wrong.

You donโ€™t have the Nest app installed on your phone? You will always receive notifications through that when an event occurs.

Please read my posts above 'slowly'. :wink: I'll summarize...

Hey Bryan, go gentle on me. Only on my second cup of coffee. :smile:

I missed that you were talking about both nest apps, and not just the HE integration app. I blame Evelyn Wood. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

lol, I had to Google that one! (Evelyn Wood)

Haha. Yeah, Iโ€™m old.

You would probably have still received a notification because you have more than one. They communicate with each other via Nest Thread and that does not need your WiFi or the cloud. When one triggers, itโ€™s supposed to trigger all of them. So any that remained connected to the cloud would still alert you.

This is one of the many reasons I think the Nest Protect are, hands down, the best smoke and CO detectors a consumer can buy.