Nest Thermostat With Hubitat

I had set up the Google SDM API and provided the Google Device Access-ProjectID* and Google Credenttials.json*. When I click on Auth Link Google SDM API Ask for Permission. I check the boxes to let HE access my google account. but I get this error message. "

Uh oh.....

Google SDM API received redirect from Google, but authorization is not yet complete.
Login failed -- status code: 400, reason phrase: Bad Request: [error:invalid_request, error_description:client_secret is missing.]

[Click here] to return to the App main page.

You probably want to delete this thread and repost your message in this thread. It will get answered quicker if it hasn't been answered already :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am using that integration, it is still working for me. The instructions are lengthy and a little complex so maybe run through them again and make sure you did not miss something?

1 Like

The client_secret is part of the credentials.json input -- have heard of cases where for whatever reason when generating/downloading this from Google it is incomplete... As suggested above, retracing/retrying the steps (especially those related to oauth2/credentials.json) may help

I got it fix. I had to get Google to authorize OAuth.

1 Like

How did you get Google to authorize OAuth. I have the same 400 error.

On Google Device Access Console.
Select your project.
On the right side there is a blue button that says "Apply for commercial development"
Fill this out then Google will email you. I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Google denied my request. They must have searched my political donations or just don't want a nest integration.