Nest thermostat tile

I am wondering if anyone can help me with the Nest tile. I integrated my nest thermostat using the link below but the tile just does not show up correct. I tried to find solution on other posts but I could not find the solution.

The tile that shows up on my dashboard just say "unknown". (attached)

What does your device page look like? Is the information showing up there?

Did you authorize this device to be on a dashboard? (Apps, select this dashboard, choose devices)

I posted the image there too. It just says "unknown" for all the values.
Interestingly, when I get to the device section and control the Nest thermostat from there it works fine but the tile just does not work for some reasons.

Your device page is showing "unknown" as well?? If the values are not coming up here they are not going to work on your dashboard.

1 Like

It shows all the values correctly. (please see the image)

For the tile, I selected "Thermostat" template. Hope that is correct.

Should be right... I would double check that you are selecting the correct device and have it authorized as suggested above.

1 Like

If you were able to select the device when creating the tile, it should be part of the list for the dashboard. Double-check the device and template are still selected in the tile setup, or even try creating the tile again. Maybe even try choosing a different template, just to see if you can get any info, such as using the attribute template. Not as a solution...obviously...

1 Like

Oh gosh it works. I removed it and added it back several times today but it never worked. I just did what you suggested again and walaa, it works now. I can't believe it and thank you. Still don't know why it did not work before.

1 Like

Not 100% sure myself. I occasionally have problems with the selections sticking. Not very often, and never really worked out why, but is one of the things to keep in mind when you have issues like this. It could have also been that an event needed to happen for the dashboard to detect something and update the display.

Glad you got it working.

1 Like

:pray: :+1: :+1: :+1: