Nest Integration [Limited Release]

i've just noticed if you change the name of the device on the next cycle it will revert back to the original name. It would be good if we could alter the name, is it possible?

the code to do that in nst manager on ST was not ported over...it is otherwise easy.

Thanks to my NST cohort @eschott54 doing most of the porting work it looks like NST will be coming to Hubitat.
There are still some details requiring some ironing out

So I will use the popular statement:
It will be released 'Soon'

6 Likes

That is very exciting!!! Thanks again (in advance) to both of you!!! Used your stuff with ST and it worked really well.

1 Like

Hi all, I have tired migrating my nest to my new HE hub, it didnā€™t work. So what is the status or way to get this done onto Hubitat. Sorry Iā€™m new to Hubitat but have been using Vera for years. Thank all!

Here is what I did to get it to work:

1 Like

thank you @erktrek, i have tried the above settings ,for some reasons, i cannot pass the location selection upon adding the id details from my devl account. location options under the selection are not available; therefore i cannot hit next.

Did you put your credentials in advanced before clicking on login to nest? It's at the bottom of the initial nest integration app configuration screen ...

Also make sure you changed your developer account's OAUTH redirect or added another one on the Nest Dev site..

I just got a Nest Hello and got the same issue.
Is this a result of the recent change to access to their API?
Did I just miss the bus?

Does the Nest Hello actually integrate?
Also do you have dev credentials?

Wow I'm off my rocker.

Yes it should.
I'm looking to update Nest presence.
Also the Hello should work like a motion sensor from what I see.
Yes I signed up as far as I can tell.

Did you follow the smartthings instructions on how to add an app etc?

1 Like

No I thought it was a little more Native than that.
I saw the advanced auth options but I wasn't sure what that was.
If that works currently where regular Nest login doesn't I'll go down that path.
I figured I'd hit the same roadblock.
No?

You have to set up your own dev space or whatever it is. Follow the PDF like you are setting things up for SmartThings except use the HE Oath in my link. Once you do that you should get some credentials you can use for the "advanced" part of the integration.

1 Like

Let me know how it goes! If you have any questions, will try and answer as best I can!!!

1 Like

So after getting the keys the regular login worked.
Maybe the keys are required to get the login to work.
At any rate @erktrek I'm good. Thanks. It works.

1 Like

Hi all,
Don't mean to hijack the thread.
I've had my HE for a week, trying to set up Nest along with everything else.
I'm getting the Nest "Oops" error and having a hard time following along.
Am I too late to the game for Nest integration? If not, could someone point me to the beginning?
Thanks,
Paul

I just went through the same.
You enable your Nest account as a developer account.
Make a new 0auth client.
Follow the guide @erktrek just posted.
I had to log in again to the Nest Integration after i got my two keys.

Thanks, I assume this is done on my Nest account webpage?