Nest Developer access now live

Please enlighten me (and others looking to create something similar)? Can you point to a doc link of how I would set up an interface to receive HTTPS POST requests from Google to my hub?

Not sure if Hubitat's documentation is quite as thorough as the Classic ST Documentation regarding creating a 'web service app'...

https://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/smartapp-web-services-developers-guide/smartapp.html?highlight=OAuth#enable-oauth

And here is the relevant area of Hubitat's documentation.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=App_OAuth
and
https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=App_Object

2 Likes

Come on, crack that thing!

2 Likes

So do that with the intention of getting the other developers to come up with something lol.

The one case in which being an enabler is a good thing. :wink:

Over a week and no proof of concept from anyone!? I wish I could get my head around OAuth. Just can't seem to figure it out. :man_shrugging:

Hopefully someone will throw us a bone and give an example of the secret sauce.

2 Likes

Has anyone looked over on SmartThings forums to see if there is anything being developed there that would be poachable?

Daily, lol

1 Like

Wish I could help...my "programming skills" reached EOL when DOS batch files became irrelevant. :wink:

3 Likes

WHAaat? I did not get that memo. I still use them with task scheduler to run routine maintenance......

2 Likes

If anyone needs a beta tester for the thermostat I’m game. I wish I could contribute more than that, but I don’t have a lot of spare time to write/test the code. If I didn’t have to switch to a google account and break all my existing integrations to develop and test I’d take a stab at it.

There's a video walkthrough here if that's helpful to anyone... useful although eventually focussed on HA

1 Like

I have initial discovery and event streams working -- not complete yet by any means. The initial auth is somewhat manual, but outlined in the README. Drivers are base shells only so far. I'll be adding to it -- first focus will probably be completing the thermostat driver/commands.

14 Likes

Nice first steps - it was able to find my authorized devices.

Congrats on the first known foray. Thanks for leading the way.

@tonesto7 had a great Nest app prior to google breaking things, and I would probably still be using it if I hadn't left SmartThings around the time Google dropped the old program. Maybe it could be tweaked to work with the new authorization.

2 Likes

Removed last comment, user error " Quelle surprise. ".:joy:

Auth'd and device visible!! Fantastic work @dkilgore90 :clap:

@dkilgore90, GREAT start! Looking forward to where this goes. Thank you.

Great job @dkilgore90! Can't wait to be able to integrate my Nest equipment into Hubitat. Thank you for your efforts!

Wow.. great start and thanks for posting the API link. I jumped on giving my $5, and then had no clue how to get the oAuth connectivity. :slight_smile:

Pretty slick that I can now see my two thermostat status' though!