Neo Coolcam

I have been able to modify and install the hngtat driver, and it works for 1 switch, but I am unsure how to link the child device, this is installed but not too sure where to go from here. Any help appreciated, BTW these switches/relays are good devices and very good value for money coming in at £15

Cheers Pete

It looks like two switches in a single package to me. There is no “Button” capability defined in SmartThings per the code listed above. Maybe the buttons are just local control toggles, I think. We can ignore those local buttons and just focus on the two switches. The buttons will just produce Physical Switch On/Off Events based on the events listed above.

Fix line 406 to create the child device, using Hubitat’s minor tweak to the add child device call.

Is there anything I need to modify in the child device to port it to Hubitat?

Pete

The child device seems to be platform agnostic, so it will probably just work.

The parent will need multiple edits to work on Hubitat. Check out the porting tips here...

Thanks for your help guys, decided to create virtual switches to control the two endpoints and this works perfectly, so by doing this the dual neo coolcam touch switch operates reallywell using the fibarro dual relay driver and virtual switches as the endpoints.

1 Like

Hi Mike(@mike.maxwell)
Are there any plans to provide native HE support for Neo Coolcam switch? In the latest platform release you've already added couple of Neo Coolcam drivers.

Yes, I beleive it's in the works

Looks like it is supported starting in 2.0.3 update. Just a FYI since this was the one thing that was holding me back from completely converting over from ST (My whole house is full of these brilliant Z-Wave light switches (save cost and works great) from NEO Coolcam.

Anyone have pics of an installed single gang dual switch Neo Coolcam?

Thanks! That's a single gang? Looks wide.

UK version :slight_smile:

At the risk of wrath from my wife for showing our dirty walls, here are some pics of the US version installed. Yes, dear, I'll be cleaning the walls... Couple of notes about installation. I think it's generally well designed. I have two quibbles.

One is that the screws stick out too far when a wire is in place. The screw heads don't have clearance to slide in past the mounting plate so you have to be pretty physical with it to go in.

Second is that the mounting plate causes it to stick out a bit. I could probably clear out some of the drywall so the mounting plate will go in farther, and I may do that at some point. As you can see, it leaves a gap if you don't do this. I'll probably fiddle with it some more to get it more flush to the wall.

No problems with it working in HE. Oddly, sometimes the touch on the panel takes a moment to activate the relay. It's enough of a delay that it's annoying because you're wondering if it registered the press. HE changes, including through Alexa, are immediate.

Wow, real shame about the gap !
I couldn't live with it like that. LOL

and those screw heads look lethal.

1 Like

I had a similar thought about the screw heads, but take a look at any regular wall switch. The screw heads are exposed on those as well. Besides, I've been hit with 60hz. Probably won't be the last time!

I'm going to do something about the gap, just haven't figured out what yet.

Nah, not in Aus. :slight_smile:

Anyone still tracking this or searched this thread, Neo Coolcam has released a 3 button version, but the buttons are REALLY CLOSE together.

Is there a driver for the Neo Coolcam 3 button version?