Neeo remote

I've got three if that helps the cause :wink:

I use them via an integration in another HA app - and then onwards into Hubitat via MQTT.
Really would like good inbuilt MQTT support within Hubitat though ... hint hint

I would definitely purchase one if it was a supported device. Logitech Harmony deserves to go bye bye.

1 Like

I think it is a stark warning that devices that have enforced / pushed updates can lose functionality over when you first purchased them, or indeed the reason you purchased them in the first place. They can even become totally non functional if cloud dependent.

I understand Logitech are saying it's a vulnerability but they should have worked around it and provided an alternative and also given notice that it was going. They did the same with 'Pop' . They even broke mice on Mac OS last week with an update.

I will not be buying any more Logitech products.

Devices that allow you to decide when to update.. and then revert backwards to selected previous versions if needed are great :wink:

Mike, you say pet project, is it available to other users anywhere? My wife is (predictably) sick of asking google to do things when there isn't a rational automation pattern to put in place or when she needs to deviate from it. I had hoped the home hubs would meet those needs but it's too much swiping and drilling in to find what she wants most of the time.

It isn't, since this pet's owner will eventually be Hubitat, It's not code I'm at liberty to share, not that there's anything trick in it.
I will continue to poke at it, there's much more interest in this remote now, than there was 8 months ago.
A simple activity controller shouldn't be difficult to pull off in the near future.

2 Likes

Kevin could you share how you do that please? Would be useful.

Thanks Mike for the steer.

Anything that doesn't work for you all? It says Nvida shield works which doesn't work natively I believe on the harmony

I'm going to keep watching eBay.

While I'm not that interested at $370, if I can pick up a used one for closer to $250 I may bite, and play with it for a while.

This is true for... well, pretty much everything these days. There are many examples of products/services being retired, always with warning and usually with enough buyout or credit to keep too many people from squawking, but I can't think of any examples of a major device capability just being killed, let alone without notice. Seems to me, Logitech wants to make it clear that any expectation anyone might have that they could compete against Google or Amazon (or even Samsung) is entirely misplaced.

1 Like

Did you follow what happened when Logitech took the Squeezebox line ... and drove it into the ground? This should be no surprise.

2 Likes

Yeah, that was sad. I liked Squeezebox.... Before Logitech ruined it anyway.

1 Like

Mike - that'd be brilliant, just installed last night and impressed with it so far but would like it to then link properly through to Hubitat

Only issue I have so far is the Nvidia shield and not got the option to easily go back to the main menu.

Not set up the spotify into sonos yet, that's this afternoons job

I integrated my nvidia using ir, in which case the menu button maps to the main menu.
The sonos integration is flakey at best.

Any thoughts on this? The backers were optimistic about the 1st gen - the new one seems more reasonably priced. I am hoping Ill be able to play around with it over the holidays.

I've just ordered one of these as Christmas present to myself, so that is plus one for HE users with interest in this :grinning:

It's a lot of money, but if I can end up replacing my existing universal remote and my iTach IR interface, while running Zwave commands from it and using it as a Sonos remote, with the future possibility of some sort of HE integration I can justify it (to myself at least!)

How does it work as it stands with regards Zwave and running alongside HE? Does it have to be a secondary controller?

No idea, I have no interest in dealing with another zwave controller, personally I don't see a point to it.

I have a bit on one from eBay. $240, much better than $370.

I'm in the UK, and haven't seen any on eBay over here. Also they are doing a 30 day trial with money back if not happy, which with these types of things is quite useful. So I can see how it works with all my gear, and if it doesn't work, send it back.

1 Like

Oh they do appear on eBay UK. I bought mine from there. The installed base is mainly W Europe. But some are horrendously expensive and some nicely priced , maybe under £200. Make sure they include the hub.

I have one of these, feel free to message me if you want more info. It doesn't integrate with Hubitat, so I don't want to pollute this thread with more off topic stuff.

TL;DR version is that I love it.

1 Like

Basic Neeo activity driver, likely out in 2.0.3

5 Likes