Need UPS for HE? What's the risk?

You don't have two active adults and two young kids at home do you? LOLOLOL.

1 Like

No kids. Somewhat active though, when I get off this couch.

2 Likes

It’s a difficult balance. I use the power level to monitor the cycles to report when they’ve finished. It’s not as straightforward as just waiting for the level to drop again.
I also monitor a non smart IR controlled lighting controller and set a virtual dimmer to track what it’s doing via its power levels. I’ve found the granularity of reporting to be very inconsistent. Sometimes when switching off, it updated immediately, sometimes it can take over 15 secs.

How about putting in a metering outlet?

Not sure how that would help? I’ve not actually seen any for the UK. I’m using samsung smartthings plugs, and also various fibaro dimmer & switch modules. The fibaro are quite configurable e.g time between sending periodic power & percent change before they send, but they just seem to have a mind of their own on how often they send. Not sure if its the HE device handler or the modules.

You could also try the Ring Alarm Range Extender. It has a built in battery and reports power outages by indicating that it's running on mains or battery.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.