Need help with Sinope outlet SP2600ZB

Just re-paired just to get this to answer your question. Ironically, for now, it paired and configured controllable. I don't dare remove it from the wall ! But you'll note the firmwareMT: is not showing up and ONE number in the In/Out clusters are indeed different.

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 12
  • inClusters: 0000,0003,0006,0702,0B04,1000,FF01
  • manufacturer: Sinope Technologies
  • model: SP2600ZB
  • outClusters: 0019,1000
  • powerCluster: 0B04
  • softwareBuild: SW Release

Haven't dared to plug anything into this yet, since it is working for the first time since the first time I paired this and it buggered out thereafter.

This is how I have this power field set right now.

EDIT: @mike.maxwell I wonder if it might be helpful if there was some note on this "Enable automatic power reporting" selection that WARNS folks of the consequences to hub & mesh if set too low...maybe direct folk to a documentation discussion of some of the documented impacts (that I finally found after the fact last night)? Thinkin out loud here. You'd know more than me.

Next day....
it is worth noting, and I thought I had learned this in the past....sometimes JUST LEAVING THESE DEVICES ALONE for awhile (without expectation of everything being sorted out in the first 10 minutes) yields some self-clearing/bolstering of their configuration. Note that the firmware identification is showing up now.

• firmwareMT: 119C-2600-00000012 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
  • powerCluster: 0B04

EDIT: Apologize for any concern created over this device. I do not know WHAT was going on yesterday trying to get this to pair, stay paired, and work. But it is working as intended today. Grrrrr

EDIT: End of day #2 and added second outlet. This paired and was managed TOTALLY as expected. I don't know WHAT THE HELL was going on last evening other than to say I was seeing some Zibgee network down msgs which I was attributing to adding these devices.

1 Like

Upgraded from HE 2.3.4.119 to .120 a little bit ago.

A little while later I found BOTH my Sinope Outlets turned OFF when they had been ON prior to the upgrade. Unfortunately one of those was on the router controlling my network which is how I discovered this little hiccup.

I thought these switches always kept their latest state no matter what's transpired except manual or digital switching. There goes my trust in leaving one of these on the router for forced reboots.

Thinking that Mike might have slipped a new fingerprint in there I hit configure, which seems to not have finished the Options Testing.

dev:3392022-12-14 14:57:11.239warnstarting options testing...

dev:3392022-12-14 14:57:08.153warnconfigure...

And it looks like I lost the power monitoring capability again as that option isn't showing up in the Driver settings screen.

• firmwareMT: 119C-2600-00000012
  • powerCluster: none

This is kinda some of what I saw when I first attempted to configure these.

I finally pulled these out of my mesh and things have been a lot less problematic. It could be my setup, the phase of the moon, or just what all repeater devices I have surrounding these plugs...but they didn't perform as expected and I swear other repeaters in the mesh weren't happy.

In the meantime I've read other references regarding ZB 1.2 repeating issues in a largely ZB 3.0 topology. That might be total Bull or downright misinterpretation of the circumstances at hand. There's a lot of room for arm waving over multiple black boxes transmitting radio waves so there's plenty of room for calling things out incorrectly.

For now I've shelved these and it kills me to do so cause everything else I read suggests there should be no probs.

It is...

1 Like

Coming back here to update the story that prompted my spew of discontent above...

What's changed:

I have pulled a MCOZY 2Ch relay that I had wayyy out at the periphery of my Zigbee Mesh.
I have updated HE firmware but I wasn't far behind when I was yak-ing about all this above.
I have re-tried one of the Sinope outlets I was previously complaining about.
So far all is good with that on the washing machine.

I don't know WHAT was happening before as outlined in the stack of posts above. It just underlines how there can't be too many tools available to help understand what is failing and why in a mesh.

EDIT: I'm gonna just leave this here, not saying it is associated or the reason for my woes when adding this Sinope outlet...but in case somebody comes along later they may just wanna chalk this up to extenuating circumstances that may or may not have been at play...

Hi all - Before finding this thread, I wrote to Sinope tech support to ask if the SP2600ZB reported power and energy in Hubitat, and the response I got was that those features are not support in HE. However, it sounds like people here are reporting it is supported.

Can someone confirm? I'm deciding between these and the Zooz zen04 for a zigbee or zwave outlet that reports at least power, and preferably energy.

Most of the other outlets that come up in various threads are no longer available or the latest versions no longer report power. It's quite a mess out there. For instance, Centralite series 3 does report power but apparently the current series-4 does not.

The sinope outlets report power but not energy using the generic zigbee outlet driver. Their support is mistaken.
However they dont support zigbee group messaging.

2 Likes