Need help with Schlage Zigbee Lock

I installed a Schlage Zigbee lock several months ago. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07H41WCZJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
At the time, I did not see this driver in the list: "Schlage BE468/BE469 Lock" Maybe it didn't exist back in March or I didn't see it. Either way I installed the lock with the generic zigbee lock driver. Lock has been working fine, but I can't base any rules on the entry of a code since hubitat never recognizes when I enter a code. I am hoping changing to this Schlage driver will add this functionality. How do I do this? I have tried:

1. Simply change the driver in the device page and click "Save Device" and "Save Preferences". This results in the lock losing all functionality through hubitat.
  2. Factory reset the lock and rediscover through zigbee pairing. This results in the pairing screen stating is has found an existing device, and the result is the same as above, no functionality.

Wondering if I should remove the device from hubitat and then pair it again?

That driver is exclusive to Schlage zwave locks. Schlage f'ed up by naming their zigbee lock (BE468GBAK) very similarly to an older zwave lock (BE468).

Thanks, good to know. Explains my problem. LOL.

In general are you happy with the lock though?
My needs are simple;

1. Get unlocked, Locked status and alerts
  2. Get batter Percentage
  3. Remote Lock/Unlock.

I personally don't need any of the advanced features like knowing which pin was manually used, but I do have an old Schlage Z-Wave lock that is acting up all the time and considering switching it out to this zigbee version (or a different brand).

Yes I am with mine. I had a very old Zwave lock running 5.x firmware that I replaced with the Zigbee version. It’s been working great with no issues. It’s worth noting that I have a very strong Zigbee mesh having replaced many older GE Zwave switches with GE Zigbee version plus an Xbee.

What firmware does your Schlage Zigbee lock have installed on it?
I just received a Schlage BE468GBAK Zigbee lock with firmware version 0.17.0 (dated 1/24/2019). Does anyone know if there is a newer version of firmware for these locks? 0.17.0 sounds almost like beta to me.

Mine is 0.19.0 dates 06-21-2019

I bought it around Amazon Prime Day in July 2019

Thanks. The lock I just received is obviously much older. I suppose it is good to know Schlage continues to update this lock.

1 Like

I just bought one. It shipped with 0.21.0
Don't waste your time on the BE469ZP zwave. I have 3 of them. The refuse to read status and work consistently. I hooked up the BE468GBAK Zigbee and it works 100% of the time right out of the box. And I had wave repeaters installed.