Need help to delete unscheduled mode change

After a software update about a month ago (on a Tuesday afternoon) a scheduled appeared in my system that changes my mode every Wednesday at midnight.
I use Modes to occasionally change my lighting schedule from daily to holiday (YomTov). I always do it manually using a virtual switch and a mode template on a dashboard. It has worked flawlessly for the last 2 years.
This automatic mode change is creating havoc and I need to remove it but I can't find any way to do it.
I thought about removing Mode Manager and reinstalling it but I have a at least 20 apps that use modes and I don't want to break them.
I am currently running version 2.3.2.141.
This is a screen shot of the Mode Manager Status

A kludgy solution would be to run an app at 12:01 AM every Wednesday to change the mode back to Day, but but if the mode was already holiday at midnight I don't want to change it.

I posted this problem originally here Unscheduled Mode Change after Version Update but I didn't get any solution. I'm hoping someone else will see this and help me out.

Removing the app doesn't remove the modes, so you don't have to worry about breaking other apps. If you opened and clicked "Done" in the Mode Manager and that didn't remove the schedule, which it should, then removing and rebuilding the Mode Manager app is your last resort.

1 Like

I removed Mode Manager and reinstalled it and the scheduled job is gone :grinning:.
However, Mode Manager is no longer showing up on my Apps page. The only way to get to it now is through Settings. Is this a bug or a feature?

It is neither. You cannot access the Mode Manger app from Settings. You could manually change modes from Settings, on the Modes page. Are you sure you've installed the Mode Manager? If so, you will see the app listed on the Apps page.

I found the problem. When I installed Mode Manager the default setting had "Enable logging" off. When I turned on logging it showed up.
Thanks for your help!

Logging won't affect whether it appears in Apps or not, so my guess is that you just didn't hit "Done" the first time you went into Mode Manager, assuming you were looking for it on the Apps page. Some apps don't install until you hit this button, and an app that isn't (fully) installed won't show up there but will hang around as a sort of "orphan" for a while until it's cleaned up (or fully installed, though it may be difficult to get back to). Also, many will not save settings you change in the app (including logging in this case, it appears) unless you hit "Done" as well.

So, that's probably what did it ... just in case you're wondering. :smiley: Glad it fixed your issue, in either case!

2 Likes