Need Driver to control ussolid valves

Looks like a rebranded Tuya device…

1 Like

Checking with ussolid team.... I liked this valves because price was very affordable and they are made with stainless steel....control is very precise as well.

Let me check for an API and I will come back to this post with the response

Ussolid has a line of nice motorized valves of different sizes.
These valves could be easily controlled by ZWave or Zigbee relays and
control will be 100% local. So, why to mess up with all these lowely cloud
based services? I am using pair of these motorized valves to cutoff water
to my washer machine when it is not used. I am in apartment complex and
unfortunately cannot install motorized valves on water supply lines.

1 Like

Because usually motorized valves cannot be energized for long periods of time...and I can't find a non expensive model who accomplished that requirement. By other hand these wifi valves can work long periods of time in one state, open or close.

Unfortunately support already reply there is no API for them so I am afraid there is no solution for me here. I am not using them as valves to control leakages, I am using them as a main line water for my home where I need they be open or close for long period of times.
Work in process (not finished yet :wink:):

If there is a web site version of the app you could grab the URLs from it and build something, otherwise you’d be looking at trying to sniff the app which is normally somewhat of a niche skillset.

Look at the manual - this "US Solid " is actually a Chinese Tuya product ...

That's not true.
The API exists, and it is used by the community-supported Tuya Cloud Driver (Limited device support) integration.

There is no full support for all functionalities available for this valve when using the Tuya app, but probably a simple on/off control will be possible from Hubitat.

You should be able also to link the SmartLife app to your Amazon account and can control it from Hubitat using a virtual switch as well.

2 Likes

Not true. You are talking about version with 2-wire control and auto return.
For your case you will need 5-wire (this is the best with open/close status)
or 2-wire reverse polarity or 3-wire. All these could be easily controlled
with ZWave or Zigbee double relay (dry contact) of your choice.
Control will be 100% local (no stupid clouds in the middle).

2 Likes

On a side note, I think it's interesting that the app provides % open. I've never seen that before.

Is there power in the box to operate the valve and controller, or is this a battery/solar powered type of situation? Does that wifi module have to be plugged in? Wifi usually uses more power, no? Etc, etc.

I'm with @vitaliy_kh , convert that to z-wave or zigbee. I read that it has a manual switch-hook up a relay to that. It would be cool if you could do wifi in parallel. Again, it all needs power.

Being paranoid, in general, I turn off the water with a z-wave wireless switch on the wall by the door when I leave the house. The valve is also tied into leak detection through Hubitat. (PS to me: arrange it so water is not shut off when smoke detectors are on, lol).

Also, check out the radio reception through that concrete box, with cover on-several times to make sure. Maybe you'll have to drill a little hole to let the antenna wire stick out, lol.

1 Like

which can evaporate at any time

2 Likes

I wish you are right. Instead I am seeing more and more clouds on a horizon.

1 Like

Sadly, the Cloud control from the end client (but also from the Cloud server owner!) is what makes such low prices even possible...

2 Likes

The same size USsolid motorized valve is around $40.
Dual Zigbee relay is around $23.
This is about $25 chipper than mentioned USB/WiFi version.
For the S25 difference you can add Shelly I4 device for status
reporting (assuming valve control is a 5-wire version which reports
open/close valve status).
And BIG advantage is - 100% local control.
Yes, this is a bit DIY project but it is not too complicated.

PS.
Recently I bought two Flair Smart Vents and immediately replaced their control
board(s) with ZEN53 DC Motor Controller (one for each). Now I have very nice
Smart Vents with 100% local control.
Original setup required Flair Pack ($110) for each vent and it will be Cloud in the
middle (or even two clouds if I want to link vents to Ecobee Thermostat).
In addition integration with HE is very questionable. Now my semi-diy smart
vents project is definitely chipper plus 100& local control.

4 Likes

That's exactly my point - making a dumb product smart adds just a little more to the end price. This wouldn't be possible for small companies like USSolid without using Cloud IoT platforms like Tuya. The hidden price that we pay is the dependency on someone else who controls whether we are allowed to use or not our IoT devices at home.

2 Likes

Nice article, Thank you.
These days everything is from China including personal spies in every pocket and house.

1 Like

Great I will look into that driver.... this community is amazing!!! LOL, THANKS A LOT

2 Likes

I will check into that option too thanks.... I read something about that but I did not want get complicated to just open or close a valve....so I decided to do it manually if no driver appear.....the main point is to get the notification and I achieved this already.

1 Like

Of course, this is your choice what to do with this valve.
But in my case main reason for using motorized valves together with leak sensors is to
prevent potential BIG flooding disaster. Bonus is - the ability to control valves remotely
and/or to add some useful automations in addition to flood prevention.

1 Like

In my case is just to have the ability to detect when water arrives to my home as the service is not 24hrs and to be able to operate the valve from my phone being at home (intranet) or outside (internet).

I'm going to be straight with you... I don't know what happened here because I always purchase my devices being sure they can be controlled locally with HE, that is the gold rule on my purchases, and I know if I selected this model is because I saw in some web it can be done..... now I cannot find where I read about that.....

The project using relays and others devices was one option on my table BUT I live in a country where to buy is not that easy as to go to amazon so I was afraid to get complicated in the middle of the way (checking the relay have to be compatible with HE , Voltages and power sources to be used, etc…)...that valve is kind of cheap (compares with others that are impossible for my budget as I was needing 3 valves), but it is made with good material (stainless steel) and control can be use it from the cloud as well..... I am pulling my hair remembering WHERE I read about control this model locally....
But ... with your help I know I will be able to achieve that…… I just have to read the options you gave me and make a little bit of research……

I will look into that TUYA driver too….. so I have where to put my head during the weekend

1 Like

[On a side note, I think it's interesting that the app provides % open. I've never seen that before.]: Yes you control the valve to open or close partially and it is very precise. Very usefull to control high flows.

[Is there power in the box to operate the valve and controller, or is this a battery/solar powered type of situation? Does that wifi module have to be plugged in? Wifi usually uses more power, no? Etc, etc.]:
-The valve only use 5VDC from a USB standard power source, that was one of my main reason to select it because I want to power them with a UPS.
-No solar panel but I think it has a battery inside because if you select for instance to stay closed in case of a power failure it close it by it self (I mean even without power) so that means it has a battery inside with enough power to close/open it (and that's nice).

[Also, check out the radio reception through that concrete box, with cover on-several times to make sure. Maybe you'll have to drill a little hole to let the antenna wire stick out, lol.]:
All my house is made of concrete and walls are 200mm thick. Between the valve and the wifi router there is 1 of these walls and in the case of the other 2 valves are like 2 or 3 walls and all of them work perfectly so reception is goog enough

1 Like

This definitely will be possible with ZWave or Zigbee control integrated with HE.
I am bit confused - Do you need to know just a valve status or you need to know if
water is actually supplied from the service?
In case you need to know if water is flowing I would add either a Pressure Sensor
or even Water Meter with Pulse output.

Sure i will be happy to help you to complete nice DIY project, integrated with HE and
having 100% local control (and yes, with ability for remote control as well).