Need a little help on at a lower level

Moving over from Insteon slowly. I am trying to figure out how to make a light come on to a fixed level like 55%. Trying to control a Zooz Zen72 Dimmer.

@Scottb8888 with a motion sensor or what trigger?

Here's one using a motion sensor to set a dimmer

Thanks. What I was after if you are at the switch and turn it on it only goes to 55%

You can do this with Room Lights. But, be aware that the light is going to go on to whatever physically turning on the switch does first, before it goes to 55%. For Room Lights the Means to Activate would be the light switch itself turning on.

Depending on the device and driver, "preset level" will set the level without turning on the bulb. Set level before turning on the the bulb.

Use this driver, and I will get a screenshot of settings to use in a minute.
It is a device setting so a single tap turns it on to a percent you set.

This is how I have mine setup so 50% is default and then a double tap will go to full (this is an older ZEN72, settings might be slightly different on new model, I would have to dig into the docs).

I do this in some rooms also, mostly where I want different defaults per the time of the day. I have the switch itself default to the lowest % so I dont get a blast of light, then RL adjusts it quickly to the desired level.

1 Like

Thanks Jeff that would be helpful. Which driver do I use?

The one in the post I linked to: [DRIVER] Zooz ZEN Switches Advanced (and Dimmers)

Use the Zooz ZEN Dimmer Advanced
You need to install my custom driver first (linked above), it is not built into HE.

WOW! that works perfectly. Thanks so much

1 Like