Nat Gas detector

I purchased https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QCSGX53/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
( Gas Detector,Combustible Gas Leak Detector for Natural Gas Coal Gas Biogas LPG Voice Alarm (ZigBee Version))
paired with Hubitat hub, but it is working. copied the device handler from ST, but got error so commented out the following line
// result = cmds?.collect { new physicalgraph.device.HubAction(it) }

But unable to get any info from this device

Please let me know how to proceed further
thanks
Thambi

Hi ! Did you solved this problem ? I have the same gas detector and running into the same issue and don't know how to make it work.

Just stumbled onto this post. Just change, physicalgraph to hubitat

result = cmds?.collect { new hubitat.device.HubAction(it) }

Not sure if the rest of the driver will work but try it and see if you get data. :grin:

Thanks for quick response. Now I was able to add the drive and associate to the device, but no data from the device.

No data from the device
{"id":"775","name":"Device","label":"Gas Sensor","attributes":[{"name":"smoke","currentValue":null,"dataType":"ENUM","values":["clear","tested","detected"]}],"capabilities":["Configuration","Refresh","SmokeDetector",{"attributes":[{"name":"smoke","dataType":null}]},"Sensor"],"commands":["configure","enrollResponse","refresh"]}

[{"capabilities":["Configuration","Refresh","SmokeDetector",{"attributes":[{"name":"smoke","currentValue":null,"dataType":"ENUM","values":["clear","tested","detected"]}]},"Sensor"]}]

Hi there, just wondering if you tried the driver in THIS post ??

I only get data from my Heiman Natural gas detector (which appears to be the same device) when I press its TEST button OR when I press Refresh on the Device page.
Logs then show ....

Oh, and it appears to have sucked up my nearby Zigbee devices so they route through it !

Thanks but no, no data at all. :frowning:

mine not even pressing test. No communication at all. Interesting is that the hub recognises the device and add it normally, but after that, silence (nothing in the log)

@malves_2003 I am using the same detector with this driver and it works well. Driver for Gas Sensor

What Driver was loaded when the sensor was detected ?
If it appeared as a “Device”, then that’s an unrecognized fingerprint and a Driver needs to be found for it.
As others have indicated @cuboy29’s works. :+1:t3:

Don’t take this as a recommendation for a certified device, because in your country it may not be, but if you are having issues getting natural gas detectors that work, the Xiaomi with @veeceeoh’s driver works great. My wife has set it off on accident twice now and it triggers my RM actions exactly as expected.

However, it is not certified for use in the United States, Canada, and it may not be for Australia either. You’ll need to check what’s required. I’m using mine as a potential life-saving device, I’m not using it as a means to prove or disapprove anything to my insurance company.

1 Like

Your nose is the best natural gas detector but I haven't found a good way to integrate it with Hubitat. An almost undetectable amount of gas will be easily detected by the smell but go unnoticed by a sensor. I have one but I wouldn't count on them to save me,

A turkey vulture does a pretty good job, too. But hard to integrate them into your home automation system.

1 Like

Hmmm.... I've already got a parrot. If I point a camera at his cage, using software like Zoneminder (https://www.zoneminder.com) to delimit the bottom of the cage as the zone of interest, then the logic would be something like:

counter=0
If ( Motion becomes True) then
  while ( counter < 6 )
  do
     wait 10s
     if (Motion is False and Picture is Unchanged ) then
          counter++
     else
          exit
     endif
  done
  Notify(ex-parrot)

He's an ex-parrot and maybe we have a natural gas leak.

Not that I want to keep one in my living room, but you'd just need a really big cage for a turkey vulture gas detector.

@5fe94872fdbd2dbd06a8 are you related to 7fa64872fdbd2dbd06a8? I just noticed the surname similarity? :wink:

Not related, but we both come from MD5.

3 Likes

The parrot is merely sleeping.

1 Like

Nonsense! If it wasn’t nailed to the perch, he’d be pushing up daisies. :wink:

1 Like

I do mean to stop an entire house from exploding. I’m talking potentially lethal levels, where the smell is likely to be your last.

This is the post that made me order a detector shortly afterwards

2 Likes