Nanoleaf Aurora - Can't figure out how to do initial configure

Thanks for the help! Following your advice and coming at it again fresh seemed to work this time. It's controlling perfectly now.

Are the pairing instructions different for Nana leave shapes? There is not per se a link button on the device.

This says you just hold the power button for 3 seconds, then you get 30 seconds of pairing.
I haven't been able to get it to work on my unit yet.

Update - was able to get this to work. Hold power button for 3+ seconds and the leds on all the buttons start to turn on one at a time. During that period pressed the getAuth button and it connected.
Now I'll be able to turn off the kid's rooms lights when they leave the house with everything still on.

Is there a way to set nanoleaf "warm white" default color from webcore piston? I chose "warm white" from nanolead app. After that I checked Hubitat side and it says:

• colorMode : CT
  • colorName : Incandescent
  • effectName : Vintage Modern
  • hue : 3
  • level : 100
  • lightEffects : {"1":"Bedtime","2":"Cheer Up Emo Kid","3":"Christmas","4":"Christmas Lights","5":"Color Burst","6":"Fireworks","7":"Flames","8":"Forest","9":"Inner Peace","10":"Meteor Shower","11":"Natural Light","12":"Nemo","13":"Northern Lights","14":"Paint Splatter","15":"Pulse Pop Beats","16":"Rhythmic Northern Lights","17":"Ripple","18":"Romantic","19":"Sea Flame","20":"Snowfall","21":"Sound Bar","22":"Sparrows","23":"Stranger Things","24":"Streaking Notes","25":"Sunset","26":"Tron Legacy","27":"Vintage Modern"}
  • saturation : 58
  • switch : off
  • colorTemperature : 2700

So.. how do I know which settings do I need to add to wc piston? Tried HSL but those numbers did not do it. I probably need something else from that list but don't understand what..

if you send a setColorTemperature(2700) command it will do what you want.

I can't, for the life of me, get this working. I've done some research and it looks like there's various versions of the Nanoleaf, and I'm doubting if they behave the same or not.

I bought mine from Best Buy and they are labeled Nanoleaf Rhythm Edition. However, I've done all the steps as everyone has commented, and I don't get any response when clicking getAuthToken. Am I supposed to get a confirmation after it's been linked? There's definitely something wrong because it does not respond at all.

It's rhytm edition but what Nanoleaf product? Aurora..Canvas?
I'm using Aurora and I remember that there was something weird going on when trying to pair it with Hubitat. It was most likely something about pushing pairing button at the right time or something..

It seems to be the Aurora. Dang, this is labeled differently across various websites, but it's the same product. Sorry for the confusion. Still can't get it to pair. :frowning:

And you did follow these instructions:
https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Join_and_Reset_Instructions#NanoLeaf

Did you add static ip to nanoleaf?

Yup, did both. No result, sadly.

Has any one got any tips on how to sync two panels?
I have both connected and they work just fine i would just like them to sync there effect so when i change one the other syncs with it?

I know your post is about 2 years old, but wanted to reply just in case I can help you or someone else.

Either I'm going totally crazy, or after my initial setup, the MAC address on my NanoLeaf Elements changed! Upon initial setup, I noticed that the MAC address with which I was associating a static IP on my router did not match the address printed on the back of the remote, which I found extremely odd. It was off by a single character, but I set it up and it worked!

The next day, my Hubitat wasn't seeing the device anymore. After a lot of troubleshooting, hard resets, removal and adding to the NanoLeaf app, I noticed a new device associated with my router, but this time with the correct MAC address printed on the back of the remote. I associated the Hubitat device with that device's IP and voilà – I was back in business. SO WEIRD!