MyRadar API

I signed up on MyRadar but I can't for the life of me find the MyRadar key on the website.

Did you sign up just for the app? Or did you sign up for the developer portal? You need to register with the Developer Portal to get the Api key.
So far, it's just feeding the data. I haven't been able (and haven't seen anyone else) be able to actually incorporate their radar display into a dashboard yet.

Hey all, I know this thread is a little old. I was curious if anyone has a way for the MyRadar child device to trigger a temperature change. The Basic Rules and Rules Manager both do not seem to support the device.

I considered whether there could be a mirroring anytime the MyRadar device changed to pull the value into a virtual temperature sensor, but that also didn't seem to work.

Any thoughts?

Honestly I tried myradar and it was lacking. Go with Wunderground you'll be a lot happier.

If you keep using myradar, simply use the change of an available custom attribute.

Until MyRadar allows the use of their radar image, unfortunately this isn’t of a whole of if use other than a data feed.

When I asked about a MyRadar app, @bptworld stepped up and knocked something out real quick. With what’s available I think he did a great job and I appreciate very much him taking the time to do this. I just wish MyRadar would make their radar image available so this can be as useful as I had hoped.

2 Likes

I use both Windy (more resolution) and Wundground. Both work well for what I want them for.

How do you get the Windy Radar image?

Hubigraph... It's in HPM

Anybody else get an email about myradar changing their business plan and website,or am I being fished?

Yeah, I got it. It was rather vague on what it means though. No real specifics about cost structure, etc. I do know they are going through some sore sort of initial investment campaign trying to raise capital for expansion.

I would cancel but their old site doesn't work anymore. Guess ill just turn it off and hope it cancels as I had/have no intention of paying anything as it's not that useful.

I’m not sure anything has really changed. I thinks still 1000 calls per month free. They don’t have a CC for me, so not like lie they can get paid anyway.

I cant remember anymore but I think when i signed up I HAD to give CC info.