MyQ - Login Issue

I have installed the app via Package Manger, no issues. But when I go to login, it keeps saying password does not match. I have checked it 5 times, logged out of the myq app on my phone, confirmed I have the password correct.

At first I had SSO(Google SSO for same email) for the myq, but then setup a password via the myq app on my phone. But still, with correct email address and password, keeps saying its not correct. I have typed is slow and 5+ times, I have it correct.

Any suggestions on where too look for logs or next steps?

Which MyQ app are you installing? There was a recent change to MyQ and there is an updated app to compensate for that. The instructions are in the link directly below. :arrow_down:

The relevant discussion as to what broke starts here [UPDATED NEW THREAD] Updated MyQ Lite Application Official Thread - #766 by arnb but definitely use the newer app in Package Manager instead of trying to fix it yourself.

2 Likes

I used this one

When I click the link above, I see the main instructions page, but I really do not see any instructions. Just option 1 and then Select the MyQ Garage Door Integration 2023 tile. But no other info or links. Are there more instructions? I did the install, it was easy, just the setup via user/password issues.

FYI.... looking at the code, I see it uses this URL to login:

@Field AUTH_HOSTNAME = "https://partner-identity.myq-cloud.com"

I was able to login via that url with my username and password with my browser.

If I type the wrong password, it shows wrong password as well.

Also, looking at the logs, I see this.

I have uninstalled, tried again. I get bad password then it goes back to 429.

I have the same problem. I've replicated AutomationDawson's findings.

Same issue here. I have since ordered hardware to eliminate the use of MyQ, since it is a constantly-changing piece of ■■■■.

1 Like

Does anyone have this working? Is this a broken plugin based on API issues from myq? Is this plugin still actively being worked?

Just curious how others are using this.

Watching for solution - same issues...

My guess, MyQ broke this as they may feel this is third party and they want to control this. Sad....:slight_smile:

1 Like

I'm just gonna go another direction and do the MHCOZY route. These 3rd party API/WWW apps are just a PITA.

1 Like

Has anybody found a fix for this? For some reason my integration is humming along nicely, maybe I installed before myq broke it, but my brother is trying to get this up and running and he keeps getting wrong password when using the correct password? Any ideas?

Same issue here, getting "The username or password you entered is incorrect. Go back and try again." when I try to install. Verified that the password is correct that I use on both the app and on the MyQ Security page?

Hi, seeing same issues with homeassistant. See community.home-assistant/t/the-curren
t-state-of-myq-from-the-codeowner/630623
Seems like myq implemented a bot protection service and unwilling to work with 3rd party.

Yup seems that way - Chamberlain blocks smart garage door opener from working with smart homes | Ars Technica

Looks like IFTTT is the only option,

I gave up on MyQ when I transitioned from Wink to Habitat after having the MyQ for only a few months. It was only connected to the Apple Home app via Homebridge so I could ask Siri to open the garage door when I pulled up on my motorcycle. I switched to a GoControl (Linear) hardwired to the garage door opener, and a virtual switch in Hubitat that is connected into the Home app, so I can ask Siri to "Turn on the garage" and when that virtual switch turns a basic rule in habitat opens the garage door. The point behind that is that Siri doesn't make me unlock my phone to turn on a switch, which is difficult when you are on a motorcycle. A few additional rules keep the garage door and the virtual switch in sync if the garage is opened or closed via another method. Its so much better, faster and simpler than MyQ ever was.