MYQ Garage Door shows open on dashboard when closed

I have added the device and am able to open or close it by sending a command from Hubitat saying "Open" or "Close" but it shows Closed only.

What am I doing wrong?

This is my first post troubleshooting with an actual log so appreciate your suggestions on how to post....

Here is my log:

search

dev:3572022-07-19 04:43:23.661 pm errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_brbeaird_MyQ_Garage_Door_Opener_NoSensor_624.sendOpen() is applicable for argument types: () values: []
Possible solutions: open() (method sendOpen)

dev:3572022-07-19 04:41:32.277 pm errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_brbeaird_MyQ_Garage_Door_Opener_NoSensor_624.sendOpen() is applicable for argument types: () values: []
Possible solutions: open() (method sendOpen)

dev:3572022-07-19 04:41:30.927 pm errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_brbeaird_MyQ_Garage_Door_Opener_NoSensor_624.sendClose() is applicable for argument types: () values: []
Possible solutions: close(), getClass() (method sendClose)

dev:3572022-07-19 04:41:23.300 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_brbeaird_MyQ_Garage_Door_Opener_NoSensor_624.updateMyQDeviceId() is applicable for argument types: () values: []
Possible solutions: updateMyQDeviceId(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object), getMyQDeviceId() (method updateMyQDeviceId)

dev:3572022-07-19 04:41:17.527 pm errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_brbeaird_MyQ_Garage_Door_Opener_NoSensor_624.sendClose() is applicable for argument types: () values: []

dev:3572022-07-19 04:40:52.051 pm errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_brbeaird_MyQ_Garage_Door_Opener_NoSensor_624.sendClose() is applicable for argument types: () values: []

Do you have a Hubitat-connected door position sensor on the door? (i.e. a zigbee or zwave contact or tilt sensor)

2 Likes

No. It is connected through from MyQ via Ring to Hubitat.

You need something like an ecolink tilt sensor to read open/close. The one on the garage door won't connect to anything but the myq itself

4 Likes

Thanks. Just ordered on amazon.

Never understood using that system once I went local only. Zen-16 and a security 2.0 to dry contact works so much better.,...(still need the tilt sensor lol)

1 Like

Just curious: There are 2 tilt sensors on amazon. One is $36 and one is $11. WTF? Which one?

https://www.amazon.com/Z-Wave-Plated-Reliability-Garage-TILT-ZWAVE2-5-ECO/dp/B01MRZB0NT?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HGVJRX2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Why couldn't I simply use a Ring Door Contact Sensor?

They are different models. The cheaper one is z-wave. The other one is z-wave+

So, by spending $36 each, it will only tell me if the door is open or closed.

Could I eventually write a rule that would allow me to close/open it through hubitat via ring to MyQ? or from hubitat directly to MyQ?

It seems that I would be better off using a Door Contact Sensor for the same result unless I am missing something...

Here's the basic suggestions:
(My method is to triple click the content to select all before clicking on the gear)

2 Likes

Yes. There is the My Q lite integration in Hubitat Package Manager. You will still need the tilt sensor as the My Q one will not pair with anything else. You need something to pass the info to hubitat. $36.00 is pretty good for that sensor. Trust me, you DO NOT want the non plus version.

2 Likes

I have ordered that cheaper model twice months apart, and both times I got the Plus version.

2 Likes

If you have a contact sensor sitting around, you could use it. Some even put the contact sensor on a door hinge to make it act like a tilt sensor. (hard to explain, but there are posts on this forum)

The main advantage a tilt sensor has is that it is more intuitive to use in various apps, and is in a "native" format (tilt) versus a door sensor (contact) which isn't what many apps look for on a garage door.

1 Like

Thanks everybody for the quick responses.

The difference is one is the 2 or 2.5 model which uses a ball bearing switch sensor. The 5th gen ($50) uses an accelerometer chip and is no longer mechanical.