MyQ garage door Integration

Just bought a solder gun tonight on Amazon. :grinning:

1 Like

Yup. With the myq your only option will be to solder a relay (the linear) into a remote or into the keypad.

Currently I have a zwave switch connected to a relay that i soldered into the remote. It works really well and the setup can even sit indoors where the signal still reaches. You can also program multiple buttons on the remote for each door.

There is also a way you can do this into the wall remote if you find the right points that mimic a button press.

Also keep in mind that if you go this way, you don't have the door open/closes status through myq as well. You will need another tilt or contact sensor on the door to report back. That is what I do.

In the end this setup has been way faster and more reliable than anything myq. I disabled the myq setup.

The linear has a tilt sensor out of the box. My plan was to solder the MyQ garage opener remote into the Linear. Sounds like you are not using the Linear zwave Garage opener?

Also, how did you set this up with multiple buttons? Did you solder additional wires/switches into the remote?

The simplest way to do this is to have button controllers that control the z-wave switch that triggers the relay (in the scenario that @gavincampbell described).

I do something similar: I use a zigbee outlet to control a relay that, in turn, controls the garage door opener. I use Mijia zigbee buttons to trigger the zigbee outlet, and a tiny app to turn off the outlet 200 ms after its turned on.

Ya I don't use the linear but the concept is the same.

As for the remote, if you have a multi button remote, Program each button for each door, then just find the contacts you will need to solder to in order to trigger that button. I basically took a jumper wire and touched the points to determine the two before soldering them.

In my setup i have a double switch, each triggers a specific button.

Does it work well for you? Any failures?

I soldered it, it works fine now.

2 Likes