MyQ API changed again

Looks like MyQ is broken again. Home Assistant looking for an owner of their code for MyQ. Anyone working on this? I'm studying not, but I think Chamberlain wants payment to access the API. Vehicles have this now. Maybe we should approach them and pay for access. Other approach is to ditch them.

1 Like

Ditch the cloud service. Very easy to setup a local solution.

3 Likes

There's a whole thread of people who decided that around $50 is a bargain price to ditch MyQ and become completely local.

6 Likes

"This is the way."

2 Likes

Zooz zen 16 or 17 for z-wave or an MHCozy for zigbee, Ecolink tilt sensor (and if you have a yellow button on your garage door motor) a security 2.0 to dry contact sensor. Total cost, about 40 bux and will run in parallel with your OEM controls so you don't have to remove them. 100% local. Why do people keep putting up with the MyQ bs?

3 Likes

Another alternative is to use Home Assistant and pass it back to Hubitat via HADB. Their integration is more actively managed. Living in an urban area I do zero automation of the garage door, so outages don't really bug me much. If outages did make a difference to me I would go the Zooz + sensor route.

1 Like

For myself it's more of being able to close the garage door vs opening it. I don't write rules to open because if something weird happens when I'm away I'd be exposed to theft

7 Likes

That would be my use case as well. All the newer MyQ have programmable auto shut within the hardware, so I use that. No need to make things more complex.

I just don't like the cloud aspect.... I had a my q and ditched it. And constantly fightinig them over the API... well that's just ridiculous...

2 Likes

All newer Chamberlain openers include MyQ. But there is no requirement to use it. Nor is there any internet connection for the hardware auto close functionality.

Right, but I still wouldn't use my q in general.

If I cared about integrating I wouldn't rely on it either. As a stand alone control it works well.

HA is experiencing the same issue.

1 Like

They all experience the issue. HA is fixed already. Speed of fix was the point of my post.

1 Like

Hmmm… I’ve applied the “fix” and it worked for a few days and then stopped again.

1 Like

Fixed October 12

2 Likes

I think this is just Chamberlain/Liftmaster trying to monetize the API. They charge for access to control your doors from your car depending on OEM. Seems like they should publish a spec and allow access for a price. I am not sure what my next step is yet.

There's no mystery - that's all it is and they say so.

Either go the relay + sensor route for reliability or rely on developers to maintain their reverse engineered integrations.

4 Likes

Thanks for posting this! I had to remove the “fix” first but it’s working now.

2 Likes

Which fix did you remove?