MyQ 2023 HPM setup fails on MyQ login

I've been using MyQ HPM integration for quite some time (a year?) without problems. Recently I had to have my MyQ account deleted and a new account created (the MyQ tech support solution for not being able to change my login email address via their app).

Going back to the MyQ Lite App installed by HPM to update the login password, when I tried to set the password I got an error indicating that the user ID or password was incorrect (filled by Bitwarden which successfully fills and launches the Chamberlain MyQ android phone app, i.e. I've verified no errer entering the user ID and password).

Next, I uninstalled the MyQ lite integration in hubitat via HPM and then installed the MyQ lite 2023 app using HPM (side note - I tried both app versions that HPM sees) but it fails during configuration, again stating id or password error.

For what it's worth, the Chamberlain MyQ android phone app opens and uses a webpage to ask for login credentials. The webpage address is:

https://partner-identity.myq-cloud.com/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2Fconnect%2Fauthorize%2Fcallback%3Fclient_id%3DANDROID_CGI_MYQ%26scope%3DMyQ_Residential%2520offline_access%26response_type%3Dcode%26redirect_uri%3Dcom.myqops%253A%252F%252Fandroid%26code_challenge%3DRQ_XBAHJC35fNGaQvLKHDKof7sRV_RIujqyO-qW0w1g%26code_challenge_method%3DS256%26ui_locales%3Den-US%26acr_values%3Dunified_flow%253Av1%2520%2520brand%253Amyq%26prompt%3Dlogin%26suppressed_prompt%3Dlogin

I'm not sure if this Chamberlain webpage login is something new and whether this screws up the hubitat Myq lite integration login process.

Anyone have suggestions. Thanks.

Third-party MyQ access has been killed off.

Chamberlain Group | A Message About our Decision to Prevent…

3 Likes

I’ve recently purchased a RATGDO to ensure continued control of my Chamberlain garage door opener. It was easy to install and setup within Hubitat. It has been working flawlessly.

4 Likes

Oddly enough MyQ Lite (v3.1.3) is still working for me.

Yea, me too… But I wanted something in place for when it stops working again… and I have to say, the RATGDO works quite well! :blush:

2 Likes

Mine also worked until the other day until MyQ support told me to delete my account and then create a new one in order to change my email login address - a repugnante method in my opinion!

1 Like

Well, thanks to all for your responses. Bummed to hear about the cloud access shutdown. I wish smart home integrations in general would become easier and more streamlined over time, not get harder. I hate the idea of having to install a bunch of DYI hardware bridges like RATGDO, but I guess that's life.

I also use the unsupported Abode Integration, which is working well, but I'm holding my breath and hoping it doesn't break. :grimacing:

what configuration are you using. hate to have to setup a mqtt server for one thing.

I'm not using anything and honestly I might not bother. I might simply put up with using the MyQ app on the rare occasion I need remote control of opening and closing the garage door.

One useful thing I do have is a magnetic door closure sensor mounted on the garage door so I can detect if the garage door is opened or closed. It works well but in a round-about (kludgy) way. I'm using a spare Abode door sensor paired to Abode which Alexa can trigger on and set the state of a hubitat virtual switch. Like I said, why can't things easier!

I decided to go with the ESPHome configuration for the same reason. Currently the MQTT integration is more feature rich with Hubitat however.

I didn’t realize before setting it up that the ESPHome driver only supports open/close, no light control or input from motion and obstruction sensors. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that someone will one day implement those.

For now, this gives me exactly what I had with MyQ, except that it works better and faster at reporting the door opening/open, closing/closed. I have a RGBW light that I use to warn drivers about the door state changing, and it works much better with RATGDO than it did with MyQ, or a tilt sensor, or Shelly Uni (opener).

1 Like

For what it is worth RATGDO is an open source hardware option. As a result Konnected (the alarm automation people) are building a commercialized version that is supposed to be available this spring. I has a case around it and their support in getting it set up. It is of course more expensive and less rewarding to the originator of RATGDO.