My Zigbee Experiment-Ongoing

Good work, plug one back in, see what happens.

Ok.
Plugged one in at 11:30 EDT.
Had gone ~24 hours w/o reboot with battery devices only.

First routing through plug.

What's weird is all the links between devices that are unplugged. The only legitimate plug is LR Entrance Zig Plug.

Also, it takes a lot longer to fill out the graph than it used to with no plugs.

@mike.maxwell , how about if I add another plug every few hours or so, until something bad happens?

Sure but i would sait longer between...

12 hours?

Right now I have bigger fish to fry after waking up to an unresponsive z-wave mesh.
Go figure.

@mike.maxwell

Holy Crap. Check out the graph. Everything is going through the one plug. No other fake plugs and fake relationships are showing.

I did a shutdown and power cycle to get z-wave back up and running; perhaps that got it going. Or, perhaps a coincidence. But wow, what a change.

Changing:

I would try for 24 hours at least. Your wanting to test it and if you ad to much to quickly you won't know what did what.

2 Likes

That's potentially 8 more days!
I want it now!!! LOL.

I take it back, some of the unplugged (but still installed) devices are now showing routing through the one plug that is plugged in. Weird.

Here's a list of my N/A's. The 3R temp/humidity sensor in the basement stopped reporting and became N/A. I brought it upstairs and it started reporting again, without further prodding, and it dropped off the N/A list.

It's been 22 hours without a zigbee reboot. A z-wave crash, yes, but no zigbee reboot.
I'm going to add another plug now.
So lets say 10:00 AM for the DR Zig Plug.
Will be total of 2 plugs then.

If they're in the database it doesn't matter if they're plugged in or not, they're gonna show.

and show as routed

Probably from the last recorded route in the database

2 Likes

so far other than the stupid sylvania garden spots freezing up and requiring total removal and rejoin in unencrypted key mode..(these did the same thing on c7 but were much easier to reset and rejoin than on the c8)
i am doing fine.. hopefully you can work it out..

i wish i could find a replacement for the gardenspots..

Summary

Maybe Innr?

do you have a link?

the only innr garden lights i see are huge and expensive for 3 lights.. nothing like the gardenspots.

innr.com but I'll keep a look out. Also look at Gledopto. They look similar to yours and they're zigbee (I have some of their floods. Compatible with hubitat) Zigbee 3.0

no you are misinterpretting mine.. they look nothing like that ie.. they are very tiny like 2" and like 16-20 per string.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ledvance-Sylvania-Smart-7-Watts-Gardenspot-RGB/44580347

1 Like