My Hubitat C8 Seems to have failing Z-Wave

I have been having a lot of issues with the Z-Wave on my C8 Hub.

First, I always update the C8 whenever there is a new version available. Currently it is running version 2.3.9.135.

Over the past few weeks, I have had the cloud back-up fail four times now. It is always that it cannot back-up Z-Wave settings. When this occurs, Z-Wave is no longer working on the hub meaning I cannot control any Z-Wave devices but the Zigbee and Matter devices continue to work as expected.

Unplugging and restarting the C8 does nothing. The only way to get it working again is to restore one of the last good back-ups.

I never had this issue with the C7, only the C8 and only very recently. Seems the Z-Wave portion of the hub might be failing.

I have Hub Protect. Any suggestions as to hardware failure of otherwise?

1st post your entire z-wave details page (use windows snip)

Then go to support.hubitat.com, click warranty support and put in a ticket.

2 Likes

Warranty claim submitted. No acknowledgement so hope they received it.

Since it's the weekend it may be Monday before you hear back.

That said can you post your z-wave details page in it's entirety? Use windows snip

Here it is on three screens...sorry using a Mac and I'll be darn if I can figure out how to do a screen capture of the entire screen that scrolls down.

Well your mesh looks good. I was looking for anomalies and ghosts. They should see your ticket Monday at the latest.

1 Like