My hub isn't working

Thank you Mr thebearmy for the information.

I related all the problems I am having with my hubitat C7 and no one solve them. I bought a new hub to replace this one. Is coming.
The assistance did not solve even the problem of remote login. One time it worked.

After the new one arrives, I will sent this one to warranty. Not acceptable a hub with a couple of weeks making so many problems.

I changed to hubitat from vera, and in vera it was so simple to change hub as making a backup in old one and restore it in new one.

Big troubles

Regards

Carlos

Hello Mr bobbyD

I go buy the hub protect. In case if it doesn't work , what can I do?
I have payd for remote login, and in this hub that have problems , it doesn't work.
In case, the hub protect is just for one hub, or for all the ones I have? In my case, with the new one, are 3 hubs.

Is a big deal

Regards

Carlos

Replacing the hub may not resolve the problems you are currently have. Moreso, loading a backup into the new hub may cause the problems to be transferred too, so the next hub might give you the same problems as the one is replacing.

1 Like

Let's talk about the problems you are having with the hub you are trying to replace. I see you have a thread about Z-Wave devices. I am curious about what else isn't working.

1 Like

One problem , if I update the hub, won't start, corrupted database. Second problem , if I go in settings, z-wave and clic even in refresh on a device, all the nodes disappear. After that is not possible add any z-wave devices. Third problem , remote access not working.

For now is this

Regards

Carlos

@bobbyD will be able to answer better, but corrupt database could possibly account for #1 & #2, generally #3 is internet connection related.

1 Like

Hi

After the update and corrupted database message, I restore it for a old version and it works again.

Thanks

Carlos

You're updating to 2.3.3.121, right? This is likely an issue that's left over from the beta testing, I see the hub was a part of beta program. Here's how to resolve it.

Once 2.3.3.121 boots and shows "corrupted database" page, please go to this endpoint:
http://your.hubs.ip.here/hub/softResetNow?mac=34E1D1012345, where 34E1D1012345 should be replaced with you hub's MAC address, and your.hubs.ip.here should be replaced with an actual IP. Do not do a soft reset from the diagnostics tool unless it is version 1.0.97.

The endpoint should show "success, rebooting hub now" message shortly. Once the hub boots, it will show getting started page. Click on the database restore link, it should restore and continue to normal boot.

2 Likes

Thanks

I will try it in 3 hours. For now I am at work.

Once you resolve the first and second problem, please ping me so I can restore the remote admin service. With the problems you've had, the service was unable to activate locally, so is not available.

Hello again

Thanks to everybody for help. The problem of update is solved. Now, the problem I have is in z-wave details. There is no device there but the devices are working properly. And still remain the remote admin.

Please see the pictures.

Something is still wrong

Regards

Carlos

1 Like

Is this the "new " hub or the old? If it's the new you won't see anything on this page because the devices are still joined to the old. It's just you have restored a Database back up to the new hub, not a radio backup. You mentioned you came from Vera which I believe does this, Hubitat does not.

It can do if you have a hub warranty subscription, but that is exactly that a warranty subscription, not a migration tool. The idea being your old hub dies new one is sent out and works as the old and your warranty moves to the new. If you have two working hubs you can restore your cloud backup from one to the other but the warranty and future backups would stay on the old.

We are investigating the issue of missing devices on Z-Wave Details table, and we believe to be a user interface glitch. As you mentioned, devices are working as expected.

Remote Admin has been reactivated for your account. Please reboot BOTH hubs (St Moritz & Merelhe) from Settings to activate the service locally.

1 Like

Still the old. The new One in still in transit. Thanks, Carlos

1 Like

Thanks you Mr bobbyD

Remote admin Is working. Tomorrow I Will try ti add some device and Will ser what happen.

Regards

Carlos

1 Like

Hello again

I bought hub protect. Then I Need to know how to restore in the new hub or Better, if possibile, Make a full reset at this One and then restore, but for this I Need your help, do or not. For now I wait.

Regards

Carlos

To start, reboot the hub, then go to Settings and select cloud backup tab. Schedule the cloud backup routine as frequently as you wish. You will be able to save up to 5 cloud backups that can be restored (migrated) to any hubs registered with your account. Hub Protect enables 1 hub to save cloud backups, and many hubs to restore its backups.

For how to use Hub Protect, check out this document:

1 Like

Thank you Mr bobbyD

I take a look after work

Regards

Carlos

1 Like

For the future, you can use windows built in
SNIP tool to cut and paste screen shots :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi again

I bought hub protect, made a cloud backup, made a soft reset, restored backup with z-wave tradio option enabled, and now, nothing works, really nothing.
Z-wave details still empty, tried add a z-wave device, nothing. not work.

what else can I do.....

thanks for your help

regards

carlos