Music player tile for Spotify on Echo Dots?

Hi, I used the add in "Echo Speaks". It will add each of your echo's as a device. You can then use the music player tile to stop/start and control the volume and use the media source tile for additional information. The application is slick and can do all sorts of things with the echo. My specific issue is that I can't seem to get the Tune in search to work within the echo speaks actions app. If you decide to load up Echo Speaks, I would love to know if you or anyone else has the same issue. Have fun!

I don’t seem to options for google devices... it shows which app but not the music playing..

Unless I’m missing something ?

I hope some of the original posters are still active on this post, I just found it through googling.

My Spotify runs off of a Windows 10 machine housed inside an arcade cabinet, and is controlled primarily thru a 4:3 touchscreen, but is there a way I could link this to a Spotify tile like I'm seeing in this post?

So effectively I want to swap out the echo for a windows 10 pc.

Is this possible? Feasible?

Another thought, alexa can now run on a Windows pc... so could alexa be incorporated into said pc, which then is linked to Spotify :thinking:

Completely read this thread - Summary: Anything you can say to an Echo can be made an automation with a virtual device. It is detailed, but very doable. I would give this a shot, Spotify is smart enough to see your account playing music on another device, so the Win10 PC should reflect what is being played (I think...) Good Luck

1 Like

Works for TuneIn. Might work for Spotify too.