Multiple Reboots required

I know the documentation indicates ... I you are having issues Reboot ( Sounds like microsoft)
Not kidding
Just came over from UDI Eisy.
I did a fair bit of reading before my C8-PRO arrived. I thought the statements of possibly requiring a reboot to correct issues was exaggerated, BUT no.
During the Inclusion project , I needed to reboot several times. Every time I had a module that was not successful on the inclusion, a reboot and a retry on the inclusion was then successful.
I feel this issue should be fixed, as this added a lot of frustration and time required to complete this migration project.... Hey this is the only thing I could find to complain about.

1 Like

I can't think of a single place it says this (a reboot does less than people tend to think) unless you run into a specific Z-Wave radio problem where the solution is a full shutdown and power pull, not a reboot. Was this your particular problem? Z-Wave can be tricky, and patience is often the key, but a problem with every single inclusion is unusual.

1 Like

All together I believe there were about 20+ Z-Wave modules to Include.
At one time, I even went back to my UDI Eisy, and it had no problem including the module, so I rebooted the C*-Pro, and then the inclusion went well.
So when I ran into an issue on additional modules, I would reboot and try again..with success.
Several times might be an exaggeration, a FEW times, would be more accurate.
In the end, they were all added.
During the process, some devices need to be temporarily located closer to the hub, Included, then put back where they belonged, so a FEW Z-wave repairs were required.