Multi Sensors/Buttons/Door Sensors Not Appearing in Google Home

Hello,

I apologize if this was discussed before, but I could not find this anywhere.

From within Google Home, my Smartthings Multi Sensors, Door Sensors and Buttons show as devices there and I can ask Google what the temp is in a specific room, as an example.

Hubitat is only showing my Switches, Dimmers and Virtual Switches within Google Home, and I can not seem to add them. What can I do to fix this?

Thank You
Matt

You can't. :slight_smile: It's not broken, it's just all the device types that Hubitat currently supports: Google Home Supported Device Types - #11 by mike.maxwell. Hopefully they'll expand this on both Alexa and GH in the future.

1 Like

Contact sensors are supported by Alexa currently.

I didn't mean to imply that they both only support the same set (2.1.3 added both contact and motion for Alexa), just that both have room for expansion...cough, cough, thermostats on Alexa, cough, cough. :rofl:

1 Like

While Thermostats are supported by Google integration. LOL I do sympathize with the HE team though. Trying to make this group happy is like trying to herd cats. Your work your ass off but they do whatever they want and are really pissed at you.

1 Like

I'm currently working around this by exposing my thermostat to ST via HubConnect, but that's about all I use ST for anymore and would love to completely get rid of it. In the meantime, I'm certainly happy with where Hubitat is and also sympathize with staff in this regard.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.