Moving from Wink without Lutron hub

I am using Wink now an moving over to HE. I am able to use my Caseta dimmers and Pico remotes without a hub now. Will that still be the case with HE? I'd obviously prefer to not have to spend the extra money.

Thank you,
David

No.

Wink (and Staples Connect) got Lutron Licenses for the radio they built in. Hubitat tried to get one, but Lutron is refusing.

A great choice is the $88 (free shipping, maybe still?) Lutron SmartBridge PRO (at Energy Avenue)

@drzeller

As @csteele indicates, you will need to purchase a caseta smart bridge. Specifically, the Caseta SmartBridge Pro (L-BDGPRO2-WH), as @csteele emphasized, and not the regular non-pro SmartBridge (L-BDG2-WH).

If the price of a new one on EnergyAvenue seems high, check out eBay; I purchased a used one for $75.

Thank you for the answers and the extra background on licensing.

David

$88 with free shipping for a new bridge vs a used one seems high? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yes, I got mine off eBay for a song, but that's rare.

@SmartHomePrimer

Lucky you. But 15% less wasn't bad, and it was in really good shape. And that price was mitigated by my selling my Caseta non-pro bridge for $40 ...

I guess we're both lucky!

I continued to use my Wink Hub in parallel with my HE for the first month as I saved for the Lutron Hub. I used IFTTT as an in-between service with virtual switches so I could still turn on/off devices through HE dashboard. Now I have the lutron caseta pro hub and love the full integration and the more advanced configuration of the caseta picos.

Yup. Love the things I can now use the Pico remotes for!!

Free shipping code for EnergyAvenue is FREESHIP18.

EA should start giving us kickbacks!! :clown_face: