Motion turn on light

I created a rule to turn the light on 20% and then when motion stops for 20 minutes to turn off. this works.
if i manually raise the brightness to 100%, after the 20 minute pause, the light is set back to 20%

i ASSuMEd that the rule would not trigger again but does.

what am I missing?

Every time there is motion active, this rule will be triggered. Use Room Lights instead.

thanks. but i am not sure how this would change things???

the the RL is set to set the light at 20% and it triggers again will it not set the Bathroom Light back to 20% still?

i don't use RL a lot so ....

Room Lights doesn't ordinarily set the lights if they are already on. It's got more logic about this than your rule.

got it
thanks

You could add a Simple Conditional action to solve this

IF (Master Bedroom Bathroom is off) Dim: Master Bedroom Bathroom: 20

That'll turn the light to 20 if off but won't change it on retrigger if it's already on.

I like this idea best and have implemented it. this way I can see all one single page w/o having to flip to the RL page

thanks

Could you show a copy of the full rule? Just to clearly understand how was the full rule written.

Thanks

Trigger Events
MBDR Bath Motion 3rd motion active

Actions to Run
IF (Master Bedroom Bathroom is off) Dim: Master Bedroom Bathroom: 20
Wait for event: MBDR Bath Motion 3rd motion inactive and stays that way for 0:20:00
Off: Master Bedroom Bathroom

Note that the IF is a Simple Condition and doesn't have a THEN and doesn't require an END-IF.

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks

is there a way to stop this rule when another rule runs?

Yes you can pause and resume rules from within another rule.

thanks but just decided to wrap this if statement around what i didn't want to happen