Motion sensors, retriggers and race conditions

Need suggestions. I have motion sensor triggers a light for 1 minutes. But if motion is active again before 1 minute, the light goes off as predetermined time, not extending because of new activity. I am using simple rule machine triggered by motion. Any suggestion? Thank you in advance

Your problem is unlikely to be related to the issue discussed in the original post (or much at all anymore given the last post is 3+ years old). I would suggest using an app targeted specifically towards lighting automations, like Room Lighting (a bit complex but full featured), Motion Lighting (easier to set up), or even something like Basic Rule if it meets your needs. Rule Machine would not be my first choice, though it's not clear from you're description if you're using that, Simple Automation Rules, or something else.

If you still have problems after trying the above, I'd suggest starting a new topic in appropriate category with a better description of your problem, including a screenshot of your existing app setup or equivalent. Someone can help you figure out the problem then.

1 Like

In addition to @bertabcd1234 's suggestions of a new topic, I would also suggest:

• Listing the devices and drivers involved
  • Providing screenshots of the automations involved
  • Any logs that may be useful

Thanks. My mistake for posting here. If the issue is not resolved, I will create new topic.

Thanks. I will

1 Like