Motion Sensor placement Ideas

Hi All. I am looking for creative ways to hide a motion sensor here so its aesthetically pleasing and only detects motion when people walk up the stairs.

Been doing this for years, works great...

1 Like

You could probably also place one near the ceiling at the top of the landing, angled down toward the bottom step. On the second floor, an additional motion sensor would cancel the motion sensor on the landing if it triggered first. That way, walking down the stairs would have no effect, but if the motion sensor at the top of the landing were triggered first, that would do whatever it is you want to do.

I have one just above the molding on a closet at the top of my stairs, and it detects motion when you hit the first step (my stairs are one long section, with no mid-landing). It's not really noticeable unless you're looking for it. However, i want the light at the top of the stairs to always turn on in the evening, regardless of whether or not you're at the top or bottom of the stairs, so mine is not an identical scenario.

I do similar - currently using an aeon multi 6 stuck to the ceiling until I find the 'right' placement for it to be recessed into the ceiling with one of their in ceiling mounts ... works great with one pointing down the stairs and another used to 'cancel' the hallway

2 Likes

What is that tube made out of?

I've tried this but People moving next to the stairs on the first floor trigger the sensor as well.

I have a metal tube the same od as the sensor, I put white heat shrink around the sensor and tube, then pull the tube out.

3 Likes

FWIW - I bought straws with large openings and cut them to length, they slide over the sensors perfectly. I spay painted them white, but I didn't use paint for plastic so it flakes off easily. Get the right paint if you care about the color.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.