Motion sensor - detect presence

Hello!

I'm struggling with automatic lights - specifically turning off those lights once no motion has been detected for at least 10 minutes.
One of these lights can be switched on automatically or manually, one is manual only.

I forget to turn those lights off so I need to have them turn off when I forget and walk away(no motion is detected for 10 minutes)

There is an option "when motion stops" and delay, but that starts a countdown and it simply turns off after 10 minuts when in some instance motion stopped.

Nowhere can I do what I need and that is when no motion is detected for at least 10 minutes.

Any ideas?
Thank you!

I expect you will want to look up a couple of different options, one that may suit your use case is a sticky trigger, triggering when an event happens and the state does not change for a period of time. Another option would be triggering on the sensor changing, cancelling actions from the rule as the first action and then detecting if it became inactive and running an action to turn off the lights with a delay of 10 minutes that can be cancelled.

Something like this?

Table Light Auto Off

Rule Machine, no matter what turns on the light, if there's no motion for 8 minutes, it turns off.

2 Likes

Thank you! That works like a charm !