Motion Sensor Chimes via Echo

Hi All,
Thanks to @tonesto7, my Echo Show now works again. I also picked up a few motion and contact sensors. Is there a way to have the Echo Show play a chime/tone/mp3/wav/etc when one of those is triggered, please?

Thank you!

If so, I don't think anyone has figured out how--TTS is pretty much the only option (and it does require the cloud, so keep that in mind with regard to how you intended to use it). The last post I read on this subject joking suggested whether the poster had tried making it literally speak "ding!", which is probably still the closest you can get. :laughing:

There are chime/siren products out there if you were interested--the Dome Siren has a few ding and chime type sounds (the siren sounds aren't...believable), and I've sometimes noticed a slight delay with it. The Aeon Siren 6 is newer, and I haven't read reviews on it yet to see if people like it. I'm not sure if it supports custom sounds (I know the Dome doesn't), but both have a few built-in ones. Just something else to consider!

1 Like

There are a couple of ways to do TTS when a sensor triggers. Here’s how I do it.

For MP3, you can use a doorbell product as mentioned, or you can use a google home. This is how I do it using the Chromecast Integration (beta). That’s probably the least Expensive way since you can pickup a Google Mini for so little. Some say they have various issues with the Chromecast Integration (beta), so there’s Cast Web API, which I also use. If you don’t want google listening in, you can just turn the mute microphone mute switch on and just use it for TTS and/or MP3 files

Echo speaks can call a chime sound from prime music or spotify if it is available.

2 Likes