Motion sensor and cancel

Shouldnā€™t the cancel on this rule prevent it shutting off lights if thereā€™s motion? It still shuts them off?

Welcome to Hubitat.

Please share a screen shot of your rule. Otherwise, it is very difficult to provide any meaningful feedback/assistance.

You need to add a "Cancel Delayed Actions" in the first half of your IF block.

There is an example that is exactly like what you want in the Rule Machine documentation. I'd highly recommend reading it before you try much: [Released] Rule 4.0. That being said, you could also use the built-in Motion Lighting app (with a lot less effort) to get the same result, so that would be my recommendation if you aren't doing this to learn or don't want anything with more complicated logic or actions (much of which Motion Lighting could still handle).

I did read it and missed that one piece, thanks!

The other problem with a rule like the above is without some kind of "did I already do this" statements you will be continually turning on the switch. Meaning as long as those motion sensors keep tripping and the den light is already on..it will keep sending "ON" to the switch. As mentioned above there is an example of this in the first post of RM4.0 thread. It's not as easy as you might think for a simple motion light.

Also agree with the suggestion to just use motion lighting app. It's built in and supported with HE and will be very easy to setup the simple rule you show above.