Motion sensing dimmer in bathroom

I have a GE motion sensing dimmer in my bathroom. I see in the preferences, there is a way to active motion or just leave it manual mode..is there a way to automate this?

For instance, during 6pm - 8pm, ignore the motion sensing and just operate by turning the switch on / off, but all other times respond to motion sensing.

The device is a “ Jasco Z-Wave Motion Dimmer”

Thanks!

I have a Jasco Z-Wave Motion Switch and as far as I can see, this is not something that can be changed with the current driver.

It might be possible with a custom driver or an app.

I have the same GE/Jasco motion dimmer but have created a relatively simple rule that will turn the lights on with motion through the day and night. The on-time varies depending on time of day, as does the dimming level (95% daytime, 25% nighttime).

I think your best bet is to create a rule to have the motion sensor in the dimmer trigger only during your preferred time of day rather than to try and change the setting in the device itself to accomplish this. Create your rule to use the product as as two separate devices... a motion sensor and a dimmer. Think of how you would accomplish this if you had a motion sensor on the ceiling and a standard dimmer in your switch box. This was the basis of my approach. The fact that they come in one physical package doesn't mean you need to use it as one device. Both the motion dimmer and HE make this really easy to do.

Thx for the tip. That’s basically what I’m trying to do. I’ll see if I can edit the rules around the motion sensor and dimmer.

Thx!